Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

silly things that annoy you when pregnant

(37 Posts)
thecatsarecrazy Thu 15-Dec-16 19:54:40

At the moment every time the phone goes I get the rage, I have to push my weight out the chair, waddle to the hall way and its normally some call centre. Just answered phone now and whoever it was hung up when I got there angry
Also I struggle to walk about and people standing in the middle of isles in supermarkets annoys me at the moment. I feel so big

user1480264544 Thu 15-Dec-16 20:11:47

Haha sounds like me first time round this time it seems to be my partner and everything he does from eating to sitting near me even him being in the same room as me infuriates me blush that and when people cough near me in public makes me absolutely furious!! I was talking to a friend today it's funny the things are bodies do in pregnancy x

Whatsername17 Thu 15-Dec-16 20:42:12

My inability to get comfortable. I've trapped a nerve in my back somehow. I'm not even that big but getting comfortable seems impossible at the minute!

daisygirlmac Thu 15-Dec-16 20:44:50

Everything. Everything is annoying. DH is the most annoying of all the things though, I cleaned the kitchen top to bottom this afternoon and he wanted mash with his tea and peeled the spuds straight onto the worktop and dropped bits of peel all over the newly mopped floor after walking mud in fangry

lilydaisyrose Thu 15-Dec-16 20:45:30

40+6

" Have you not had that baby yet?"

Fuck fuck fuck fuck off. Do you not think I'm fed up enough.

"When are they letting you go until"

No-one is letting me do anything. I can make an informed choice regarding induction and when. Fuck off.

The school run can just get to fuck...

Nikki2ol6 Fri 16-Dec-16 07:08:49

Ohhhh a lot of things are annoying me!! Especially if I have to get up from the sofa because of someone lol

lovelycats Fri 16-Dec-16 07:20:46

Every other person you walk past at work exhales loudly like a builder surveying a difficult job and says "look how huge you are! My god you're piling it on now...etc. etc." When your place of work employs 100+ people, this is annoying. I have cried in the toilets, due to being hormonal and unreasonable.

guiltynetter Fri 16-Dec-16 07:22:29

when i was pregnant the sound of my husband swallowing really irritated me to the point i'd lie in bed thinking 'why is he swallowing AGAIN?!'

SerialReJoiner Fri 16-Dec-16 07:29:10

School run.

Mornings.

Waking up STILL PREGNANT

Wanting to eat everything, but not having the stomach space in which to do so.

Double chin - go away!

My cats using my bump as a cushionangry

Everything takes a monumental effort to accomplish and nobody seems to be issuing medals or commendations around here. envy

mamatiger2016 Fri 16-Dec-16 07:44:46

I was pregnant when celeb big brother was on. I didn't even watch it but got massive rage at that 'Bear' bloke. OH thought it was hilarious.

I still get rage in supermarkets but it was bad when pregnant! bloody old people just stopping for a natter in the middle of the aisle. It takes all my energy and self control not to tell them to get out of the fucking way!!

Oh and lastly, people asking 'no baby yet' Fuuuuuuuuuuck off, no!!

SpaceDinosaur Fri 16-Dec-16 07:49:29

Mild hypertension and being forced to rest (only in the past week) is giving me the absolute fucking rage angry (38+4)
Yes. I know the rage won't be helping my blood pressure. It's a viscous circle!

The way my husband washes up.

Having a cold and a stuffy nose.

My staff.

MissClimpsonsTypingBureau Fri 16-Dec-16 08:24:50

I hate looking pregnant and I HATE the way people greet me with "gosh you look pregnant!" I KNOW. And I'm only 29 weeks and not particularly enormous yet.

Also the people who say "how are you?" and when I reply "all right thanks" say "no, how ARE you." I don't really want to discuss details of nausea and reflux with my clients, thanks!

Also also the people who say "how's the bump?" Still bloody there!

HighHopes16 Fri 16-Dec-16 09:09:44

speed bumps and windy roads...'why can't all roads be straight and flat?' I asked my DH last night! grin

netflixandsleep Fri 16-Dec-16 09:58:15

People touching me/being anywhere near me. People talking to me/people making any sort of noise at all. The smell of citrus fruit. Mayonnaise.

I could go on all day. I was an absolute ray of sunshine.

10Betty10 Fri 16-Dec-16 11:24:46

OH farting. Totally lose the plot.

Macauley Fri 16-Dec-16 11:29:56

My own body I can't get comfortable at all. Also being hungry but not wanting to eat as everything ends up in heartburn.

Also agree roads should be straight with no bumps!

toomuchtimereadingthreads2016 Fri 16-Dec-16 12:49:21

Everything lol. Today my work colleague's dry cough. She is clearing her throat every 30 seconds, not sure whether I'm going to scream or cry. Ironically I had a cough I probably annoyed the hell out of her with last week tee hee.
The fact that my husband and daughter need to be constantly fed, its like neither of them can go ten seconds without eating! And not snacks, proper food! And are skinny rakes. Whereas I havent had much appetite for three months and am already piling on the bloody pounds

UnoriginalNN Fri 16-Dec-16 12:54:50

Everything.

Everything annoys me.

In the wise words of Toby Ziegler "there is literally no one in the world that I don't hate right now" smile

catx1606 Fri 16-Dec-16 12:57:51

For me, it's people telling me I look massive. I'm having a boy and so far, it's all bump but people seem to think they can tell me how big I look. Also those that want to touch my bump without asking and commeting on how rude it is for strangers to do it but don't mention anything about even people you know doing it (if that even makes sense) when I go out, I prepare myself for the possibility that people are going to want to paw me and how I'm going to stop them lol

thecatsarecrazy Fri 16-Dec-16 13:18:42

Glad its not just me then. Phone just went again luckily dh was near to answer it. Totally pointless phone call Littlewoods wanting to know if I received my promotional code hmm. Yes and it went in the bin. I bought one coat from them and now they wont leave me alone

canihaveacoffeeplease Fri 16-Dec-16 13:23:37

My staff. We own a restaurant and I'm head chef. Off on maternity now apart from paperwork but just don't want to go in to do that so having dh bring it all home from me because I can't stand to hear all their petty squabbles with each other and deal with them, gives me mega rage!!

And for irrational rage, I HATE IT when the logs on the stove burn low and I have to heave my massive pregnant bulk off the sofa to put more on! Ridiculous!

Oh and when I run out of ice cubes. Had no cravings this pregnancy but can't stand anything but ice cold drinks (or hot hot drinks). Totally first world irrational rage problem!

canihaveacoffeeplease Fri 16-Dec-16 13:25:25

Oh and heartburn. Its truly monstrous It's when the surprising things give me heartburn, like dairylea on toast. What the hell? I resisted the yummy curry, the tomato pasta sauce, the acidic drinks, the chocolate, and fucking dairylea strikes me down in my prime? Sod off heartburn.

Nachoo Fri 16-Dec-16 13:38:02

Speed bumps and pot holes.
Not being able to bend over, stretch for anything, or generallly move.
Morning sickness at 23 weeks, I've had enough now!

TallyHoAndToodlePip Fri 16-Dec-16 14:33:06

Getting dressed in the morning gives me the rage, specifically because I currently have two pairs of maternity jeans and both are an awful fit. One far too tight and the other far too loose. They were the only pairs I could find that were long enough in the leg though so it was buy them or go trouserless until I found more. I have looked - there are none - I'm doomed to wear these for the next 4+ months angry

Going to work because I act like a bratty teenager whenever someone asks me to do anything atm. Work have a habit of making requests of me lol.

People who try to use my pregnancy as a subject for small talk even though they have no idea where to go with it and there's plenty of other things we could and have talked about in the past.

The fact that my dinner won't make itself every night.

The way my husband isn't psychic. It's like he's not even trying!!

I'm going to stop now but the list goes on and on!

lovelycats Fri 16-Dec-16 15:25:27

Being unable to go anywhere for longer than half an hour without needing the loo desperately.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now