Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Growth scan, possible outcomes?

(6 Posts)
Nottalotta Thu 15-Dec-16 16:52:49

Saw mw today at 33 wks. She was concerned that my bump measured above 91St centimes when previously it was slightly below 50. I've only been measured twice. She's referred me for a Growth scan tomorrow. I had baby ds with me and he was quite fractious after waiting 20 minutes then a 45 minute appointment so didn't really get chance to ask questions.

Ds was 9lb 1 but never measured big.

What happens after the scan if the baby is massive?

Reebaloo19 Fri 16-Dec-16 07:32:04

This is happening with a friend. They'll probably monitor you and baby weekly until your baby is born. My friend has a final scan this week coming to decide whether they're going to induce her before baby gets too big. Similar happened with my sister except she was too small, not too big, and they decided to induce her at 37 weeks. Baby and mother were fine, stayed in hospital for two days and then both were allowed home

Reebaloo19 Fri 16-Dec-16 07:34:13

.. I also had a growth scan because of my tiny measurements, all measured fine though from the scan and I didn't have any further extra monitoring. Fingers crossed yours will be fine too smile

Nikki2ol6 Fri 16-Dec-16 07:39:13

It depends on how big they estimate your baby. I think if it's over 10lb you will be offered a section but at 33wks your baby won't be that big yet! So I'm guessing they will keep an eye on how big your baby gets and most likely induce early at around 38weeks or so

Nottalotta Fri 16-Dec-16 10:14:30

Thanks both, my scan is this afternoon. I need to decide between c sec and vbac already, and have already been told they won't induce me due to increase in chance of scar rupture? So I suppose this might make the decision for me.

I'm not sure the mw was very accurate.

Nottalotta Fri 16-Dec-16 15:26:27

Estimated at just over 5lbs. I know people give birth to babies at that weight full term but don't think it's massive?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now