Talk

Advanced search

Early labour question?

(7 Posts)
Reebaloo19 Thu 15-Dec-16 11:59:08

I'm just looking for some encouragement really.
On Friday (9th) I was 39 weeks and 4 days pregnant and started having contractions. Went to the hospital only to be sent home- I was only 1/2 cm dilated and still had a high cervix.
I had my next midwife appointment on my due date, the Monday just gone, and midwife offered me a sweep as I was still experiencing contractions. She could not give me a sweep because cervix is too high still, and I had only progressed to 1 cm dilated sad I was given the choice to go back Wednesday (yesterday) for a second attempt, but it was no good- still too high and only 1cm... so today I'm 3 days late and still experiencing contractions, which started six days ago, but they are not seeming to be getting me anywhere sad if I'm not in established labour by tomorrow midwife has to call delivery suite to discuss a management plan due to the ineffective contractions I'm having.
I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience in early labour?

Nikki2ol6 Thu 15-Dec-16 12:45:10

Are they stopping and starting or continuous? Are they regular?

I had this with my first baby but they were irregular, they were painful though and I was loosing my mucus plug and spotting so I knew they were doing something, I kept getting sent home from hospital as I stayed at 2-3cm for days!! It was so so tiring and I thought it would never pick up but on day 4 they were no longer irregular and were 9 minuets apart and I tried to sleep because I was so tired and hadn't ate or done anything for days I thought I was going to die lol so as I tried to sleep they kept waking me up every 9 minuets so i rang delivered suite crying I needed pain relief and couldn't cope any longer so I went in and was admitted at long last!! Thankfully my contractions did pick up and this was the real deal and I laboured on my own but they were talking about putting the drip in to get things moving

Reebaloo19 Thu 15-Dec-16 13:05:23

They come in intervals so far. A few times a day they'll fire up. On Friday they were 2-3 minutes apart and I had been recording them for 1 and half hours. They can be pretty much the same as that but even if they have a bigger gap between them they're normal quite regular.. and it's been 6 days and no change confused I really want to have him naturally though sad

Nikki2ol6 Thu 15-Dec-16 13:16:31

You can refuse the induction if that is what they offer you. But what you are describing I had with my second baby but it would only be at night time and they would be regular for hours and hours then stop. It went on for weeks. When I went into labour it was the same so I ignored it and stupidly went out for the day!

SpaceDinosaur Thu 15-Dec-16 13:51:14

You're probably having a long drawn out latent phase but because you've contacted the hospital a few times and been in and examined they're worrying about you.

Eat. Sleep. If you have a birth ball then get bouncing on that bugger!

McBaby Thu 15-Dec-16 13:58:14

I had periods of regular contractions with dd1 from 26 weeks she was born at 41 weeks. And dd2 from
30 weeks she was born at 38. I had to go it for monitoring when they were regular prior to 36 weeks and had steroids just in case.

Towards the end with both they were on and off continuously for the last few weeks. It is exhausting but my active labours in the end were v quick. 2 hours and under 1 hour.

Reebaloo19 Fri 16-Dec-16 15:42:09

Induction booked for Christmas eve confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now