Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Morning nausea at 4 weeks

(14 Posts)
GlasgowGeorgie Thu 15-Dec-16 09:06:20

Hello all,

This is my first post so bear with me! I'm 4weeks 6 days pg with my first pg. For the last 2 days I've been feeling very queasy, mostly first thing when I'm out walking the dog but yesterday I felt nauseous around 2pm. Not actually been sick but been close! This seems a bit early doesn't it? And no twins don't run in my family grin

Anyone else get ms this early?

arbrighton Thu 15-Dec-16 11:10:18

I was certainly feeling that was at that stage- now 10 + 4

Just nausea and only eating seemed to help

GlasgowGeorgie Thu 15-Dec-16 17:18:41

That's reassuring, thanks for replying! It all feels very strange tbh, in a nice way smile

arbrighton Thu 15-Dec-16 17:31:59

It's all still totally surreal. I'm still half thinking I'm just feeling rough and putting on a bit of weight!

GlasgowGeorgie Thu 15-Dec-16 17:43:38

Is this your first, too? I know it sounds silly but I knew the week before my missed period; I just felt weird, irritable and emotional. We weren't TTC but not avoiding it either so it was still a bit of a shock when I got a bfp!

arbrighton Thu 15-Dec-16 17:52:23

Yes, our first. We had kinda planned to TTC but wasn't expecting it to be the first month. Took a test out of curiosity when we got home from hol

I think I should take the massive (for me) boobs as a hint that something is going on.

Crocosaurus Thu 15-Dec-16 17:58:46

I'm 5+4 ish and also very queasy. I had hyperemesis with other pregnancies but it didn't start this early. Also this is very mild compared to HG but I'm worried that means it'll ramp up more. shocksad

GlasgowGeorgie Thu 15-Dec-16 18:02:04

Yeah already I'm kinda looking forward to my 34A cups getting a bit of a boost...

GlasgowGeorgie Thu 15-Dec-16 18:08:32

Oh no, here's hoping you have an easier time of it this time round...confused

Crocosaurus Thu 15-Dec-16 20:30:29

Sorry I didn't mean to complain! But this does seem very early for nausea for all of us?

HaichM Thu 15-Dec-16 20:36:07

I had hyperemesis with my first and I remember reading in the leaflet that 'normal' morning sickness starts around weeks 3 and 4 while hyperemesis starts around 5-6 so I would say no, not early.

I've had morning sickness, strong, since one week after my missed period. Mine started as mainly just nausea but after a few says vomiting started as well. I'm hoping I don't get hyperemesis again too Crocosaurus.

Sparklyuggs Thu 15-Dec-16 22:32:52

I got morning sickness with a strong, constant nausea at 4w, I think it's earlier than average but does happen. Twins do run in my family though wink

GlasgowGeorgie Sun 18-Dec-16 11:44:16

Hey ladies, op here with a wee bit of advice - well, it's working for me! I'm now 5+2, getting nausea in the morning but not been sick yet. I find something that really helps is mango! I buy the pre-packed chunks and eat some every morning and found I can stomach it and it increases my appetite as well as staving off nausea. Give it a go, hopefully it works for you too!

cherrycrumblecustard Sun 18-Dec-16 11:47:16

I had morning sickness from 4 weeks, which progressed to full on vomiting at 6, and lasted until I was about 22 weeks. Then it started again at about 35 weeks! Sorry. It's utterly hideous. In fact it is beyond hideous. Pulling over to vomit on your commute and getting dirty looks from other commuters who think you are an alcoholic. Vomiting in bins, drains. Sitting in a restaurant and going to be sick, eating the meal and being sick. Sick, sick, sick. I had a yucky baby book which said something about special memories of my pregnancy and all I think is VOMIT.

Anyway yes it is normal. But they are worth it. Sort of smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now