Talk

Advanced search

'severe' morning sickness

(5 Posts)
Sparklyuggs Mon 12-Dec-16 20:33:32

Hoping for some advice. I'm currently 7w pregnant, first time. I found out I was pregnant at 4w and since then I have had constant nausea and can vomit 2-10 times a day but I can keep food and drink down, albeit with a reduced appetite. I also feel exhausted and spend most days lying down and sleeping. I've been to the doc and was given cyclizine and it's not had an effect, I went back and got told to increase the dosage but to effectively lump it (not in the UK and limited on GP I can go to).

I feel that whilst I don't have HG, this is worse than average MS since I'm constantly nauseous and fatigued to the point of debilitation; and friends didn't seem to suffer to this extent. I feel like I'm between 'normal' MS and HG and I'm not sure what to do. Any advice would be much appreciated.

AerodactylsAssemble Mon 12-Dec-16 22:07:18

It blows doesn't it. Cyclizine did help me a tiny bit in fairness, but I was in the same situation as you till about 15 weeks and remained nauseous/adhoc vomits till 19 weeks.The main thing that saved me was being honest with my employer about what was happening - they were surprisingly understanding(I am first woman to ever be pregnant in my company). My nausea was particularly bad from about 2-3pm onwards so I tried to start work early and agreed with manager that I'd leave when I'd had enough, thankfully my commute is short and taxi ride is cheap. I'm sure it raised eyebrows but it didn't ultimately matter. On many occasions I timed it poorly and ended up chucking on the street outside the office, but never once inside office (even in loos) which I thought was quite an achievement! Congrats, I know it doesn't feel like a blessing right now, but it is very likely to get better. Don't listen to the arseholes who promise that the second you hit 2nd trimester it gets better though - sometimes it doesn't.

HaichM Thu 15-Dec-16 21:01:10

I'm really struggling with my morning sickness. Ended up in hosp with mild dehydration and they agreed with 'severe' morning sickness. Was given cyclizine and so far seems to be helping (I am actually eating and haven't been sick in 2 days) but nausea is still horrible so I have complete empathy for you.

I agree with Aero - 1st bit of advice is to have an honest convo with work and see how they can help. 2nd bit might be to try a diff type of anti-sickness meds and perhaps have your iron levels checked incase a deficiency is making your lathargia worse.

I think finding a GP who is supportive is going to be a big step. Have another word with yours and then perhaps try another. I'm not sure what other advice to give other than remember to sip drinks and eat little and often.

Sparklyuggs Thu 15-Dec-16 21:47:35

Thanks for the support. I've had my dosage of cyclizine upped and it's definitely helping, and I've been reading that my chance of a miscarriage reduces if you are unwell. Hoping it passes soon.

ohfourfoxache Thu 15-Dec-16 21:51:30

I'm 10 weeks with dc2 - I had MS for 38 weeks with ds (and he was born at 40 exactly).

I've bypassed cyclizine completely this time and have gone straight to metoclopride - helps a bit.

Preggy pops can help to take the edge off of it slightly. And flat lemonade.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now