Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it ok to eat day old whipped cream when pregnant.

(5 Posts)
Lucinda15 Mon 28-Nov-16 21:47:26

12 weeks pregnant. Family do yesterday, had some pavlova. Had another slice today, then started freaking out wondering if the whipped cream was a bad idea, especially as now a day old.... confused all seemed fine, didn't taste odd. Am I being paranoid?

usual Mon 28-Nov-16 21:48:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MummyStep123 Mon 28-Nov-16 21:48:49

Yeah think you are worrying too much, I assume it's probably pasteurised and if it didn't taste off it will be fine!

Lucinda15 Mon 28-Nov-16 21:55:42

Phew thanks! & asked dr Google, mainly cos I was curious about the egg white and while I found that was ok, i then read something about someone saying they wldnt eat 'pavlova the next day due to whipped cream and the bacteria Levels'. hmm I am going to ignore dr Google.

MummyStep123 Mon 28-Nov-16 21:58:49

Haha yeah dr google was banned for most of my pregnancy! Think it was a wise choice. Had me convinced of all sorts of craziness. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now