Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else's SO need time to adjust?

(2 Posts)
user1479815160 Mon 28-Nov-16 20:10:05

I recently discovered I'm pregnant. My boyfriend and I are going ahead with the pregnancy although we didn't anticipate kids for a couple of years yet, we planned to marry first. But it's happened - I'm ecstatic, although a little scared. He's chuffed but keeps having moments where he goes quiet and thoughtful. He's said a thousand times 'I love you' 'I'll never leave you' 'I will look after you and the baby' etc. But he's also expressed fears - I'm only just finishing university and he's only been in work for a year. I have these fears too but I'm 100% sure it'll work out. I love this baby already, even at 6 weeks.

Anyone else have a hesitant OH and a happy ending?

Jenny1997 Mon 28-Nov-16 21:35:32

I found out today that I'm 4 weeks came home and expected my boyfriend to be over the moon but he went into pure shock! Think they need a little more time to mull it over! For me I've felt odd for a good week so knew something was up! Don't think he really thought it would happen! I'm in my first of three years at uni one day a week doing a post grad course! Both my partner and I started new jobs this year and are on trainee wages but we will make do! Baby's health has to come first at the end of the day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now