Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fat Legs?!!

(6 Posts)
fruitloop85 Mon 28-Nov-16 19:13:38

Ok, this is probably going to sound a little bit pathetic but still... I'm 33 weeks pregnant and I decided to treat myself in the Black Friday sales with some 'normal clothes' that I can look forward to getting into and to remind myself that I will be a human being once again... anyway I ordered a pair of over the knee boots in my usual size, I can't get them up to my knees as my legs appear to have become massive too!! My thighs have definitely ballooned but I wouldn't expect my calves to be affected!! Should I send them back and get a bigger size incase my legs never deflate or will I return to normal after a couple months of having my baby!!

PeachBellini123 Mon 28-Nov-16 19:33:13

I hope they go back to normal!! I'm 35 weeks and so depressed by how fat my thighs are sad

Have you got fluid retention? May be worth excerising your calves to help with that.

fruityb Mon 28-Nov-16 19:36:54

I was amazed at how much I lost on my legs when DS turned up!! My trousers felt much baggier afterwards. I was still wearing my maternity yoga pants and they were falling off everywhere in a week. My feet were ridiculous after birth but they were back down within a fortnight. While I can't say you will definitely I know I did.

sj257 Mon 28-Nov-16 19:50:39

My legs seem to be the only part of my body that have got bigger, not counting my belly of course! They were the chunkiest part of me anyway 😔 32+5 x

fruityb Mon 28-Nov-16 20:08:57

I had swollen ankles, feet, fingers, face.... it all went. I didn't know I was so swollen till it went again lol

fruitloop85 Tue 29-Nov-16 09:11:51

Thanks Ladies!! You give me hope!! I can actually feel that my legs are bigger than usual when I squat down for any reason, feels like they will explode!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now