We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

TMI ALERT - Poo, blood and discharge

(9 Posts)
summerskittles91 Mon 28-Nov-16 15:55:20

Sorry if this is TMI. Just wondering whether anyone has had similar symptoms..

I started off getting a bit of red blood after bowel movements and put this down to piles, no other symptoms just the blood. Lately I've found my bowel movements to consist of a uncomfortable feeling in my stomach, where I know I need to go poo right now - and then very watery poo, a lot of discharge (sometimes white, sometimes pink I assume with blood) and then very soft poo. Gross I know. But the thing is, this happens, and I think right I'm done, soon as I get up to wash my hands, my stomach starts hurting again and then I need to poo again! which ends up being slightly more solid. So I find myself in the loo for 15-20 minutes at a time and my stomach still doesnt feel settled afterwards.

Is this normal or should I be worried?! I just want to poo like normal again blush

summerskittles91 Mon 28-Nov-16 15:56:00

Sorry forgot to say I'm 22 weeks tomorrow!

TwoDogs9 Mon 28-Nov-16 20:34:40

Sounds like you might have a tummy bug or maybe a good intolerance? Alternatively it could just be your hormones affecting your digestive system. Maybe give your midwife a call tomorrow if you still have the same symptoms.

summerskittles91 Tue 29-Nov-16 08:22:57

Thanks - I thought stomach bug initially but its been going on for over a week and I haven't had any sickness with it. I'll definitely give the midwife a call!

TwoDogs9 Tue 29-Nov-16 11:14:30

Just read back my reply- that was meant to say food intolerance not good! Yes definitely phone the midwife if it's been going on that long. Hope you feel better soon smile

Notmyweek Tue 29-Nov-16 11:30:30

Have you previously had IBS at all??
I'm 20 weeks & I have the same....although it's now cleared up.

PotteringAlong Tue 29-Nov-16 11:32:04

It sounds like constipation to me - loose watery poo coming around the blockage.

summerskittles91 Tue 29-Nov-16 11:46:57

Notmyweek Nope, no IBS in the past. Did yours just clear up or did you take anything for it?

PotteringAlong I really don't know, been constipated before but it wasn't like this blush

libm127 Tue 29-Nov-16 21:12:10

I've had a couple of horrendous IBS episodes since I've been pregnant (I'm 12+4). All of them have been when I've been constipated. Haven't been for a few days then urgency, mucous and loose poo. Really gross! My mucous is yellowish, not white/bloody, but mucous is classic IBS. I think pregnancy really messes with your digestion and makes some people more prone to IBS. I live in fear of it flaring up. Worth checking with doc, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now