Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

17 weeks pregnant

(14 Posts)
rachellowe21 Sun 27-Nov-16 22:09:14

I am 17 weeks and 5 days pregnant (first child) and don't seem to have a "bump" yet nor any movements.. am I just being paranoid about things??

TerriB84 Mon 28-Nov-16 10:59:36

I didn't feel any movement until 19 weeks (currently pregnant with my first). I did however develop quite an early bump that was noticeable around 12 weeks but from reading plenty of threads on here it seems quite normal to not be showing at 17 weeks. Everyone is different so I wouldn't be getting worried just yet. Congratulations on your pregnancy. flowers

LikeaSnowflake Mon 28-Nov-16 16:16:23

I was the same with my first pregnancy. Try not to worry. It'll likely happen over the next few weeks smile

SuperUnicorn Mon 28-Nov-16 18:11:00

I'm 17=2 with my first and I also have no bump and no movements. I was told it would be more like 20+ weeks before I was likely to feel anything. I do carry my fat on my middle and it has been pushed up a bit so I have no waist anymore but there is no bump yet. I had a scan last week and little one was jumping about, it is strange to think there is something that big inside doing all that leaping about and not be able to feel it!

jadeyty Mon 28-Nov-16 21:56:58

My sister is a midwife and she says 20weeks for first pregnancy. But every pregnancy is different.

Beckyalex1234 Fri 10-Feb-17 17:33:53

I am 17 week and I am in the same situation I don't even look pregnant apart from my boobs, it's also my first I spoke to my midwife who said 19 weeks onwards is when you feel the baby xx congratulations btw xxx how have you been feeling ?

rhodes2015 Fri 10-Feb-17 17:38:43

I'm 19+3 and only started to feel movement last weekend (first baby)
I did have a bump quite early though but I'd imagine for the most part of that it was actually just bloat. I wouldn't worry!
Congratulations!!

arbrighton Fri 10-Feb-17 19:43:25

I got a bump from around 15weeks and have been maybe feeling wiggles since about 17 but hard to tell. Based on amount of movement during 12 week scan, it's a jumping bean

Also my first. 19+3, scan monday

jinglebellmel Fri 10-Feb-17 19:50:58

In my first pregnancy I didn't have a bump or any movements until 20+ weeks, I think it's pretty normal.

PotteringAlong Fri 10-Feb-17 19:52:42

17 weeks would be very early for both of those things!

Fairy45 Fri 10-Feb-17 19:53:54

Yea i remember still veing size 8 not looking pregnant at all on my 20 week scan with first. Now im not even 8 weeks n look pregnant already!! Think its just bloating but still haha!

haveacupoftea Fri 10-Feb-17 20:06:11

Yeah totally normal! I totally over estimated how pregnant I would look for the majority of my pregnancy, the big bump seems to come when you reach nearer 30 weeks!

Beckyalex1234 Fri 10-Feb-17 20:27:03

I work out a lot before I was pregnant so I think I'm that might be why but my friend is 12 weeks and bigger then me xx

harleysmammy Mon 13-Feb-17 18:23:45

I dont think no movements are an issue yet until 24 weeks, do you have an anterior placenta do you know? I didnt feel my boy move until 21 weeks and my midwife said that was quite early. My sister didnt get a bump until she was 6 months, i had one at 12 weeks. Everyones different x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now