Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

BF doesn't want sex anymore

(6 Posts)
jadeyty Sat 26-Nov-16 19:48:44

I'm 16 weeks pregnant and barely showing if at all. BF doesn't want to do the deed anymore as I'm pregnant. Is that normal? I'm worried he won't find me attractive when I'm heavy put on weight.

Nikki2ol6 Sat 26-Nov-16 20:47:25

My partner is the same he finds it odd there is a baby in there and says when we have sex it pops into his head and turns him off.... now I'm 34 weeks it's a big no no!! We did it like a month ago and I doubt we will do it again until I'm at my due date and tell him we must as it may start me off. Don't worry I'm sure he will be fine once your not pregnant anymore

katiegg Sat 26-Nov-16 20:52:50

I think it is quite normal for men, and it's less to do with your body changing and more to do with them thinking the baby knows what's going on hmm

I'm 39 weeks and we haven't had sex since before I found out I was pregnant. I haven't been too fussed this time around but it nearly killed me during my first pregnancy.

ConvincingLiar Sat 26-Nov-16 20:59:06

It's not a reflection on how attractive you are, but some men are just creeped out by the idea of it. Can you go with some non penetrative action instead?

pinkcandyflossy Sat 26-Nov-16 21:53:00

OP I had the same thing and I just talked to him about it, and he thought it would hurt the baby. I reassured him it wouldn't and it's been fine since. I am especially up for it so it was hard to take when he didn't seem interested and I was worried also that of my changing shape but it wasn't that at all.

Just talk to him smile

MyWineTime Sat 26-Nov-16 21:55:53

I don't think it's unusual at all.
Take a more imaginative approach to satisfaction and have lots of fun in the process.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now