Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nub gender guesses please!

(19 Posts)
trinityrabbit Sat 26-Nov-16 18:52:51

Hey lovely people. Would love some of your guesses based on nub theory. Pic is 12w scan measuring 12+5. Will find out sex at 20w scan am just impatient!

Nirvanababy Sat 26-Nov-16 18:56:57

Boy smile
Old wives tales say girls have a more rounded shape to their foreheads so I am basing my very scientific knowledge on that grin

Talcott2007 Sat 26-Nov-16 19:04:52

apparently if you draw a line continuing the spine and then draw a line along the nub if the 2 lines are parallel or nub line points up away from the spine it's a boy if the nubs points down towards the spine it will be a girl...

avengerhart85 Sat 26-Nov-16 19:26:47

I also guess blue one smile

waitingonyou Sat 26-Nov-16 19:35:41

Talbot2007 is the nub the very obvious line with the jagged end or is there a smaller line?

trinityrabbit Sat 26-Nov-16 19:42:17

Tried turning the image so the spine was more straight. waiting I am presuming the nub is the very obvious line with the fork at the end

Talcott2007 Sat 26-Nov-16 19:57:26

The nub is quite clear in your picture the it looks like a prong with 2 points at the end (or at lease that what I was looking at when I tried to guess mine) i used for a bit of fun www.thegenderexperts.com/nub-theory.html they predicted girl and that what I had...

Star8181 Sat 26-Nov-16 20:14:37

That's a very clear nub! Looks like a girl to me. Also, another place to get guesses is on the facebook site called Strictly Nub Theory is good and people will guess for you.

loztredders Sat 26-Nov-16 21:19:01

Looks like a definite girl nub to me!

Rosetree123 Sat 26-Nov-16 23:09:19

Girl smile

Mariahod21 Sun 27-Nov-16 07:00:32

Hi all, can anyone guess boy or girl? 😀

Annabrooke90 Sun 27-Nov-16 11:45:28

I'm unsure about this one. First glance looks like a girl but when I look at it more I don't see a fork it actually looks to me like stacking (which happens with boys) but I'm unsure. Im going to give a slight lean to a boy with this one. In gender site is brilliant for this stuff though they all guessed mine correct.

Annabrooke90 Sun 27-Nov-16 11:49:12

This was my confirmed girl nub btw. The forked line comes from beneath the solid straight line. And the little line on yours is above the solid straight line which is what makes me lean slightly more to stacking. But it also looks girly too. Haha tricky.

topaz22 Sun 27-Nov-16 13:26:42

i would say girl smile

waitingonyou Sun 27-Nov-16 14:35:55

I'm so bad at this, I honestly can't tell what I'm looking for! blush This is my scan from the other day, I thought the very obvious white line was the nub but DH said it's a leg and a foot as he saw it kicking during the ultrasound. I guess the nub must be hidden behind the leg?

Does anyone want to guess?!

trinityrabbit Sun 27-Nov-16 21:38:22

Thanks for all the guesses everyone. I am leaning towards girl but hard to be objective when it's your own! Mariah I can't see a nub in your pic unless its the very vertical line which would suggest boy. waiting can't see a nub in your pic either. Do you have a clearer pic?

waitingonyou Sun 27-Nov-16 21:52:18

I didn't think I could see a nub either so I guess it's hiding! Only one other pic which is of the back of the baby, so no good really. I'm currently looking into the skull theory. Have you ever heard of it? It goes over my head just as much as the nub theory! grin

trinityrabbit Mon 28-Nov-16 10:26:40

I did have a look at skull theory but was too complicated..you had to take into account a few things to determine tye eex if I remember correctly. Seemed like nub was easier to tell..

finova Mon 28-Nov-16 12:17:57

Girl

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now