Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

10 weeks to go- join me on the countdown

(23 Posts)
Hyland Sat 26-Nov-16 17:50:34

Due feb 7th - if she doesn't arrive early.

Thought it may be nice to swap stories. With trying to fit Christmas shopping/organising with tree decorating next week.

Assembling nursery furniture the week after.

General deep Cleaning before baby arrives. Bathroom tiles need a good soak in bleach.

And going to work all week.

Making noises like I'm a walker (walking dead) zombie, whenever i move..lol

raviolidreaming Sat 26-Nov-16 17:59:33

I'm due February 4th and am nowhere near as organised as you... I don't think we can swap stories because my planning is zero!

raviolidreaming Sat 26-Nov-16 18:00:15

I'm making the same noises as you though! 😂

BreatheDeep Sat 26-Nov-16 18:04:34

I'm due next week and I haven't planned when we're doing Christmas decorations! So I think you're doing well.

Hyland Sat 26-Nov-16 18:41:41

I always plan to put my tree up on the 1st. However that would normally involve me standing on a chair to reach the top lol. I'm quite protective over my tree, I decorate it alone, but i dont think other half will let me stand on a chair.

Christmas shopping i have no clue what to buy sad

I haven't packed my hospital bag sad

I have deadline of sorting baby room which is filled with so much junk. Furtniture arriving on 5th December eeeek.

I may have cot and crib etc on order but still have a listt of items i havent bought yet!

Nappies, wipes, bath tub, baby monitor sad the list goes on.

kikisdelivery Sat 26-Nov-16 18:41:54

You guys should come join the Due February 2017 antenatal club thread! New faces always welcome smile

raviolidreaming Sat 26-Nov-16 18:46:49

Hyland you are a million miles ahead of me! I have ordered NOTHING and bought NOTHING; I have given zero thought to a hospital bag. There's still loads of time!

Kiki I may wander over - thank you!

MiniAlphaBravo Sat 26-Nov-16 19:20:02

I'm due 5th feb and also not organized. I'm finishing work at 37 weeks and expecting baby to be late like dd so kinda hoping I can do a lot of the sorting out of the house & nursery, clothes etc while on mat leave. This may be wishful thinking tho as I will have my
Toddler with me most of the time!

Starting to feel quite huge and been unwell with vomiting and diarrhea this weekend just to top it all off!!!!

Hyland Sat 26-Nov-16 19:39:16

Ravioli my younger sisters keep telling me how i need to be more organised!

I think i have a habit of doing my headless chicken routine.

Also my first baby girl was born 10 days early. I had not packed my bag then either 😁

I have a long list lol that is it. I am the crazy list lady and i know it smile

Maternity leave this time I have booked for just over 2 weeks before due date lol. As the ladies at work all told me I would be bored at home and I think they are right lol.

Mini-alpha Have you been checked out by triage ? Feeling unwell like that at this stage is probably safer to get checked out.

Booked a day off every week right up to Christmas but i think online shopping will be the way to go. Especially with how easily i feel hot and faint.

raviolidreaming Sat 26-Nov-16 20:06:19

Ravioli my younger sisters keep telling me how i need to be more organised!

I'm planning on shopping in the January sales!

Vixxfacee Sat 26-Nov-16 20:21:25

I have less than 9 weeks to go. I finished work Friday. I have got my pram and some clothes and will get everything in the boxing day sales. I am not thinking about hospital bag until Christmas time.
Still have hardly any bump! Breastfeeding class next week and antenatal class beginning of January.

Still being sick but don't feel pregnant as no other symptons and tiny belly!

Birdlet Sat 26-Nov-16 22:00:40

Due January 31st, break up from work For maternity leave on Christmas Eve.

Barely even thought about Christmas / written the food shoppping list, bought one present, decorations still in the loft. Obviously got my priorities right!!

Nursery nearly ready - baby clothes still need washing and blind needs putting up but everything else is just about done. Travel system's been set up since September blush because I was too excited when it arrived!!

Hospital bag is where I'm struggling. My bump's only just 'popped' so no idea what'll fit me in 10 weeks time - at this rate I'll be giving birth completely starkers hmm

Still not started nesting. Could do with the need setting in sooner rather than later, the house could do with a good clean, I'm still struggling with tiredness and nausea that makes cleaning the last thing I want to do!

Hyland Sun 27-Nov-16 00:31:10

January sales, I would if it wasn't for the manic crazy rude people.

Hate searching through like a jumble sale sounds like a headache. All that pushing and shoving!

If it wasn't for my iron tablets I would feel to dizzy to cook or clean or work.

Birdlet you sound quite organised if you only have curtains to put up and clothes to wash.

Not sure how what I'll do about hoovering stairs that I have avoided for a while.

My pram will arrive a week tomorrow and i was wondering if it was to early to set it up and put in the boot all ready for use!?! Carseat and base fitted!?! Seeing as I have all of December&January to see out first.

Trying to decide whether I should book myself into the hairdressers.

raviolidreaming Sun 27-Nov-16 04:12:00

January sales online! smile

Hmmmm, maybe I should be a little more prepared though. I'm also hoping to work right up to my due date.

I have got a haircut booked though!

buckyou Sun 27-Nov-16 15:15:29

I'm due on the 6th Feb. Haven't really done anything yet! I'm much less keen to do stuff than I was for my DD.

How big is everyone? My bump is massive!!!

Hyland Mon 28-Nov-16 09:39:05

I dont think I'm as big as other people I've seen. Other days I feel huge!

PippaRose Mon 28-Nov-16 09:50:34

Feel like I have forgotten about Christmas this year! We have recently moved and living out of boxes plus sorting baby stuff means it's taken a back seat.

I finish on 22nd and due 20th Jan, initially thought that would be early for me but starting to flag already so pleased not too long to wait now

PippaRose Mon 28-Nov-16 09:51:37

hyland I'm really dizzy today, maybe I need to get my iron levels checked out

user1471462209 Mon 28-Nov-16 12:45:47

I'm quite excited for Christmas this year, my little girl is 18 months so it's going to be her first Christmas where she might like her pressies a bit. Can't wait!

Also it splits up the time before the baby comes a bit.. Not that long until Christmas.. Then not that long until the baby arrives!

Hyland Mon 28-Nov-16 22:17:27

Hi Pipparose, I was terrible i couldn't stand and cook in the kitchen for more than a few minutes before having to sit down. My vision would have blurry black spots almost. I would feel myself fainting and sit down quick. Even at work sat at my desk i would feel faint. I would think how can than be when I'm sat down!?! Told midwife i was most likely anaemic and its being picked up before. She said they would test me but she didn't look like she believed me. Then she called me to say how shockingly low my levels are..... errrrr yeah i know! lol

3 iron tablets a day... does mean constipation and black pooh - sorry gross.

But at least i could get back to doing normal things like walking up the stairs lol or being in a hot kitchen. Having said that it still doesn't take much for me to feel sick and want to pass out from people cranking up the heat/portable radiators at work. Or the car heater is enough for me to feel like i'm suffocating. I would usually be the first to complain about the cold.

User147 when are u due?

thecatsarecrazy Mon 28-Nov-16 22:29:32

Baby due end of Jan. First day of maternity leave today and I probably overdid it giving the kitchen a good clean. Want to do front room tomorrow ready to put Christmas decs up. Dh needs to get them out the attic and he hates doing that.

Hyland Mon 28-Nov-16 22:54:09

Hi catsarecrazy, I too keep realising the day after that i have over done it.

You feel ok and as though you haven't pushed yourself to far. Then the next day you realise you are aching from cleaning the floor or whatever the task was.

I was helping my partner empty a room the other week, ready for the walls to be plastered. So i was quite proud if myself for choosing to carry light but big sofa cushions up stairs & back cushions. After several trips up and down the stairs I realised how tiring that was and again the next day thought perhaps it was a bad idea.

Convincing myself I have put our baby at risk.

user1471462209 Tue 29-Nov-16 20:57:50

I never even think about anything like that hyland, I'm sure baby will be absolutely fine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now