Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Reduced movements at 35 weeks

(9 Posts)
Nielle2016 Sat 26-Nov-16 13:45:27

Hi i am 35 weeks today. The last few days i have noticed my baby doesnt seem to be moving like he use to. I called the hospital and went for a dopler monitoring and they said everything was fine but the want me to come for another scan on monday. Baby use to be really active first thing in the morning but now i dont really feel much till late afternoon/early evening. The movements dont feel like kicks like before but rather i can see my tummy move and feels like baby is stretching out a bit. I cant help but feel worried, something just doesnt feel quite right to me. This is my first baby so i dont really know whats normal and i dont know if its just me over reacting 😭

Janek Sat 26-Nov-16 13:49:40

Reduced movements should be investigated by the professionals, but they have been - could the baby have dropped further into your pelvis so the movements feel different?

Nielle2016 Sat 26-Nov-16 13:52:18

He seems to be quite high up, the midwife said she can feel what seems to be his back and i can feel the streatching into my ribs. They said his head isnt down yet but she had a look on her face that just made me feel that she knew something more than she was saying

ChocolateForAll Sat 26-Nov-16 13:53:21

When were you seen, OP? Go in for every episode of reduced movement. My friends baby was delivered at 35 weeks for this reason. Don't worry about wasting their time. This is important.

ChocolateForAll Sat 26-Nov-16 13:55:13

Sorry, meant to include this link

http://www.kickscount.org.uk/mums/

Nielle2016 Sat 26-Nov-16 13:55:45

I was seen yesterday, ill give them another call. Best safe than sorry and my gut feeling is telling me something isnt right. Thankyou for your reply xx

FranksBobot Sat 26-Nov-16 14:13:39

Get yourself up to the hospital, they have to investigate reduced movements. Refuse to move until they have monitored baby

Nikki2ol6 Sat 26-Nov-16 14:16:12

Hello I'm 34 weeks and had this too it lasted 4 days and his movements were really faint like little pushes and I had to really concentrate to feel them but when I rang the hospital they said a movement is a movement but when I told my midowfe when I seen her she was adamant they see me then she felt my tummy and said she can feel my baby too well and now I have to have a scan on Monday to check fluid. His movements used to wake me up during the night because they would hurt! But last 4 nights he hasn't woke me up and my midwife explain he's tucked up In there now but it freaked me out how 5 days ago he was hurting me when he moved then the very next day he felt sluggish and faint

spacefrog35 Sat 26-Nov-16 14:34:19

Go with your gut & get checked out again flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now