Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy exercise DVD recommendations

(3 Posts)
Johno85 Sat 26-Nov-16 13:00:03

Hiya. I work as a Physio and am fairly fit. Normally I do HIIT training at home but am finding this too much at nearly 8 weeks. I need to practice what I preach and would appreciate any dvd recommendations. This could be anything from Pilates, Yoga etc.

Thanks in advance

TallyHoAndToodlePip Sat 26-Nov-16 13:31:33

I used to regularly do HIIT training at home too before I fell pregnant and couldn't manage much during my first trimester.

I honestly haven't found a dvd yet that doesn't feel too easy. I made the mistake of buying Davina McCall's prenatal workout. It was an hour of nothing! Ridiculously gentle!

I have however found great workouts on YouTube! Lara Dutta does a great 30 minute prenatal yoga routine. It's just enough work when you have no energy! When you're feeling a bit perkier look up Bodyfit by Amy. She has 20-30 minute workouts suitable for all trimesters (she's at different stages of pregnancy in all her videos). She has separate workouts covering cardio, pilates, yoga, body weight and more. I feel like I've had a good, balanced workout after all of them. smile

Johno85 Sat 26-Nov-16 15:32:54

Hey tally. Thanks for the info. Have been a bit worried if I do anything too simple I'll get bored and not bother. Plus I need to keep my knee nice and strong as had a few operations on it. Will try the ones online like you've suggested as a starting point smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now