Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Black Friday sales- to buy or not to buy?

(8 Posts)
MrsChrisPratt Thu 24-Nov-16 18:35:55

I'm 24 weeks next Wednesday and just seen a 15% discount code for the website where I'm planning to buy our buggy+carrycot from. Will save around £100. Also seen a number of other deals which look pretty good...the rational part of me says buy it and save the money...the irrational part of me thinks maybe I should wait hmm

My pregnancy has been pretty up and down-took 4 rounds of IVF to achieve and started as twins but lost one at 9 weeks. We have now been told though that things are looking good and I am being very well cared for.

Anyone else at a similar stage and thinking of buying? Or will you hold out a bit longer?

frikadela01 Thu 24-Nov-16 18:45:42

I had my pram and crib by 16 weeks. We had to spread the cost to make it affordable.

I also think that there's a line to be drawn when it comes to waiting. I know people like to wait in case things go wrong but sadly sometimes things go wrong right at the end.
Since everything is looking good I'd go for it.
Good luck with everything flowers

Mummytogg Thu 24-Nov-16 20:08:17

I would also buy if you see things at a good price smile

I had a high risk pregnancy last time and my mum suggested waiting a while to buy things. I think we brought a few things from around 24/25 weeks and bigger things from about 28 but i was waiting for a good price on the pram we wanted

MrsChrisPratt Thu 24-Nov-16 20:16:02

Well you guys said yes and so did DH and my sister, so I've bought it. I guess I have to start at some point and doing it now saving £100 vs waiting a month or two and paying more is going to have no effect on the outcome of my pregnancy. Quite excited now grin Thanks for the push!

Andbabymakesthree Fri 25-Nov-16 04:40:21

What's the website? Do they regularly have deals? Can you negotiate a longer discount period with them. I'd like to buy x item but can't until this time. Can you offer me same discount in future. Worth asking!

FlipperSkipper Fri 25-Nov-16 06:29:57

I'm glad you went for it and are feeling a bit excited! I bought my pram at 24 weeks as they were doing 10% off - I was anxious too (5 IVFs and 2 miscarriages) but figured I had to start buying things at some point.

babynelly2010 Fri 25-Nov-16 11:45:04

21 weeks got my proper 1st purchase today! Carrycot for our phil & teds stroller that we have from before. 50% off what a deal! Contuplating on moses basket but the deal is on one that is slighly wrong colour not sure what to do.

Becciilouisex3 Fri 25-Nov-16 14:52:38

I think it's a personal decision to each mother and each pregnancy as to when to buy things. My personal philosophy was that no matter what statistics say, if something is going to go wrong, it could go wrong at any stage, so we just bought it when we had the money. It worked better for us money wise too because it was more spaced out. I do understand people waiting though.

If you're going to save money, buy it! I bought my pram at around 16 weeks because we were saving around £250 and wouldn't see that bargain again! Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now