Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

been awake since 3am

(20 Posts)
thecatsarecrazy Thu 24-Nov-16 05:54:30

Anyone else having trouble with sleep? I'm 30 weeks and nearly every morning I wake around 3am. Normally I can get back to sleep. I tried until 4 and gave up, got up and made the boys packed lunch and watched t.v. Baby is having a good wriggle now.

Dieselvictoria12 Thu 24-Nov-16 06:00:54

Every. Single. Day. Just want s decent nights sleep!!

Ashpan26 Thu 24-Nov-16 06:10:41

Yep been awake since half 3 terrible hip and leg pain can't get comfortable for too long! My mum said its your body preparing for waking up during the night

drinkyourmilk Thu 24-Nov-16 06:14:03

21 weeks and I had an hour longer than you, been awake since 4. Sleepy again now, but alarm goes off soon. Going to make toast and tea. Husband has snored all night.

thecatsarecrazy Thu 24-Nov-16 06:18:21

Oh yes my husband been snoring too. He's just got up, turned alarm off and gone back to sleep. My cats got up with me then went back to bed. I did wonder if maybe its getting me ready for night feeds.

drinkyourmilk Thu 24-Nov-16 06:22:00

I would be OK with not being sleep deprived before baby is born. I'll learn in 20 weeks. It's not 'baby brain' that makes me stupid it's exhaustion!

thecatsarecrazy Thu 24-Nov-16 06:32:46

If I do sleep I have weird dreams and toss and turn all night.

DoubleCarrick Thu 24-Nov-16 06:44:58

I'm awake. Been up since about 4. Just tidied the kitchen and ad tea and toast. I'm nearly 34 weeks and am actually thinking that having a newborn will be easier than pregnancy!

Wonderflonium Thu 24-Nov-16 06:46:37

Same here but I wake around 2am so I have a bit more time to get myself back to sleep before I have to wake up again. This has been going on since about week 28-29.
Hormones, I guess!

PeachBellini123 Thu 24-Nov-16 16:32:12

Yep. 35 weeks. Back/hip pain doesn't help. Neither does the baby deciding to kick me at 3.00am confused Oh and going to the loo/having heartburn.

It's not fun!

Star8181 Thu 24-Nov-16 20:23:42

Same here, glad I'm not the only one! 28 weeks and awake most nights from 1-4am. I just get up now and do some work or watch tv then try and sleep again as it's worse just lying there tossing and turning. Getting up for everyday work at 6am is killing me!

mikesh909 Thu 24-Nov-16 22:02:34

I can only presume the people who tell you to 'sleep while you can' have either never been pregnant or have passed so far beyond this stage of life that the reality of third trimester pregnancy remains a dim and distant memory. 39 weeks today and I honestly can't remember the last time I slept through the night sad. I know there was a period between the first and third trimesters when I barely felt pregnant at all, so presumably then. Could equally have been in another lifetime though, it feels so long ago.

My tip is keep working as long as you can. I am so exhausted by the end of the day that I somehow manage a reasonable number of hours sleep, albeit broken into many small chunks. The days I come home early and nap on the couch are followed by the worst nights' sleep of all.

Bumbleclat Fri 25-Nov-16 05:45:54

Yep! For months now I've either woken at 2:40am or 4am I just get up now and watch TV rather than trying to sleep with cramping hips, heart burn and a pea sized bladder!
I'm working full time (teaching) and must say that I do fall into a deep sleep between 11 and 2 so that's something!
I must look like a complete zombie at school though, I'm going on ML next week at 37+2 so it will be lovely to nap during the day as and when I need to (that's if baby doesn't turn up before I get the chance)
I keep googling pregnancy insomnia and the most sensible theory Ice stumbled upon is that the sleep hormones are being interfered with by the strong pregnancy hormones. I'm nut feeling anxious or anything so it must be a physical thing.
You're not alone!

oldlaundbooth Fri 25-Nov-16 13:27:04

Me too.

Last night it was Carpal tunnel, it's either that or heartburn or headache.

ImogenH97 Fri 25-Nov-16 15:03:42

I feel like everything is effecting me not being able to sleep, eat properly and feel like death and I am only 7 weeks, please say this gets better !!

MakingBaconPancakes Sat 26-Nov-16 07:49:26

Newborns are easier than pregnancy, even with the night feeds!! Pregnancy insomnia is hell!

Best just to accept it and get into a Netflix series. I watched Better Call Saul in 3rd trimester! (sending sympathy)

ImogenH97 Sat 26-Nov-16 09:58:12

I already want it to be over with sounds horrible doesn't it, yeah watching kids films to 3am this morning

PeachBellini123 Sat 26-Nov-16 11:53:12

Imogen - I felt a lot better in the 2nd trimester. The first was pretty rough. Didn't have morning sickness but felt sick all the time and exhausted. By about 13 weeks I felt like my old self and got lots of 'glowing' comments.

Plus people will know you are pregnant which makes it easier.

Hang in there!

ImogenH97 Sat 26-Nov-16 11:56:57

Peachbellini123 thankyou for your kind words I am sorry you went through the same as me, 5 weeks left to go until the 2nd trimester and can't keep anything down, I am being strong but everyone on here is really helping me

Whatsername17 Sat 26-Nov-16 14:50:07

Me too but I don't think it helps that I fall asleep on the sofa at 9.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now