Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Private obstetrician London

(6 Posts)
user1479932680 Wed 23-Nov-16 20:41:45

Hi All,
My first post, be gentlesmile

I went through a difficult IVF process and after 18 months I am now pregnant, I am due in May, so happy. I did the treatment privately. What made the IVF treatment easier was my Dr he was always available to answer my calls and emails which made me less anxious and comfortable.

This is my first baby and wanted the same experience with a Doctor for the birth but have been struggling to find a private doctor in London.

I was not aware of the free meet and greets and have already wasted £560. I am using my savings for this so I that I get a good experience like the IVF. Is there any doctors that you guys can recommend in London who gives out his contact details and is easy to talk to and deal with.

Many Thanks xxxx

lunchboxtroubles Wed 23-Nov-16 20:45:04

I doubt you'll find many London obstetricians who are there to hold your hand and chat - I don't mean to be harsh but by contact details do you mean their personal mobile? I'd imagine most would go via an answering service so it can be diverted to whoever covers them if on holiday etc. I'd start by seeing who works from the Portland as there is lots of privat obs there. Expect to pay a five figure sum.

user1479932680 Wed 23-Nov-16 21:06:02

My point is the whole point of going Private is to have a good service and as much as possible with one person(yes a mobile), not have to call a random person and explain my story each time when I have a concern. I don't need so much hand holding but at least for the person I am dealing with to be a little interested rather than just doing it for the money, if that makes sense.

lunchboxtroubles Wed 23-Nov-16 21:15:20

But they are doing it for the money.

Of course they will be available, that's the point of private care, but it sounds like you're after someone to be your friend and hold your hand rather than manage your pregnancy medically, which is what you're paying them to do. Apologies if I've got the wrong idea

Any obstetrician who works privately will also be paying a significant five figure sum in extra insurance, so they have to do quite a lot of cases or they'll lose money on it. And of course they will sometimes be on holiday/ill in which case someone else would cover for them.

Nonreplicable Wed 23-Nov-16 21:23:06

Mr Craig Leitch is absolutely amazing as us the lady he works with. I think his website is called babyinc but I am pretty sure you can find it if you Google him.

They are both wonderful human beings, very supportive and happy to spend time chatting.

Highly recommend

Toohardtofindaproperusername Wed 23-Nov-16 21:27:54

Ther are also many wonderful supportive human beings in NHS . But doulas (?) and/or a good midwife is what you need, not a good dr.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now