Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm so confused what is it if it's not thrush?

(4 Posts)
Nikki2ol6 Wed 23-Nov-16 18:45:56

Me and my partner had sex a couple of weeks ago and he got itchy and told me he believes it's thrush and he must have caught it from me!! So I have no symptoms of thrush but didn't in my last pregnancy either but the last few days noticed an increase in discharge so i go off to the chemist to buy the thrush treatment meanwhile my partners thrush is spreading to his testicles but then the lady won't serve me because I'm pregnant and it must be prescribed by a dr.... so I ring the Drs and they say to hand in a urine sample and they will diagnose thrush from this! Ok great so off I go and my urine sample is clear..... what could this be?

fourcorneredcircle Wed 23-Nov-16 20:11:51

Just like women,men can develop thrush with no sexual intercourse. It's a bacterial growth.

Your DP needs to see his GP or at least a pharmacist to discuss HIS itching!

www.nhs.uk/conditions/Thrush-men/Pages/Introduction.aspx

JosephineMaynard Wed 23-Nov-16 20:19:13

I thought thrush couldn't be diagnosed from a urine sample but they would need to do a swab of the area instead?? confused

Anyway, as pp says, it's not necessarily anything to do with sex.

Nikki2ol6 Wed 23-Nov-16 20:28:19

I thought a swab too!!! It didn't make sense to me if I have an infection high up in my cervix how can they tell that from my pee? But hey what do I know lol. And yes he has thrush cream and says it's a lot better today

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now