Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hiccups at 34 weeks 5 times a day for two days???

(10 Posts)
Nikki2ol6 Wed 23-Nov-16 17:20:41

I'm 34wks and yesterday and today my baby has had rather an increase in the amount of hiccups he gets he would normally get them a few times a week but he's had them 6timea yesterday and 5 times today !!! Each time they can last upto 10 minuets. Is this a cause for concern at all?

PeachBellini123 Wed 23-Nov-16 17:26:01

Yes mine gets hiccups like this as well! I've not thought it was something to be worried about...I find it amusing if anything blush always worth asking your midwife if you are concerned though.

Nikki2ol6 Wed 23-Nov-16 17:27:37

I see her on Friday so will ask her then i just stupidly remembering my mum say once it can mean there is a problem with the cord but maybe it's just an old wives tale lol

didyoureally Wed 23-Nov-16 17:28:29

One of my DCs did this but I don't think it was a cause for concern - just a bit alarming for me until the midwife said what it was. Check with yours if you are worried but I am sure that it is just one of the many strange things that happen in pregnancy!

DarkLikeVader Wed 23-Nov-16 17:49:51

I hope not because I'm 34 weeks today and tiddler is getting more hiccups. I seem to remember that DD (now 4) got a lot of hiccups too - she then came out to be a very hiccuppy, but not sicky, baby - I hope this one is the same!

Stiddleficks Wed 23-Nov-16 17:51:46

Both of my dds hiccuped loads everyday and they are absolutely fine, youngest Dd is a year and still gets hiccups regularly!

smellsofelderberries Thu 24-Nov-16 00:17:37

My DD was so hiccupy when she was inside, and I stupidly googled and was terrified something was wrong. She would sometimes have them twice a day, sometimes 6 times a day. Sometimes for 4 minutes, sometimes up to 25 minutes. She's now 20 days old and gets the hiccups after about 1/3rd of her meals. There were no cord issues for us, cord wasn't even around her neck.
I know how worrying it is, but there evidence around hiccups and cord issues isn't solid and I read a case study from NZ saying the opposite, that women who sadly had stillbirths had a much, much lower incidence of foetal hiccups.

Bumplovin Thu 24-Nov-16 00:49:08

Don't google it, I read all sorts of people on line saying it was bad, I checked with both midwife and obstetrician as she gets them multiple times a day and was told its a positive thing a sign they are practising breathing by swallowing amniotic fluid

LauraPalmersBodybag Thu 24-Nov-16 01:29:28

Anecdotally, my dd had them constantly when i was pregnant. I was very anxious about kits of things and asked several midwives and doctors, they all assured me that hiccups were perfectly harmless.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy op.

MagpieCursedTea Thu 24-Nov-16 14:16:45

DS1 was like this and I'm now 34 weeks with DS2 and in the last week or so his hiccups have increased a lot. In fact, he's doing it right now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now