Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cervical stitch tomorrow

(5 Posts)
JOMH1982 Wed 23-Nov-16 14:28:51

Hi ladies, I'm due to have a cervical stitch tomorrow which has been picked up through routine monitoring after a second trimester loss last Christmas. Just wondering if there's any words of advice for positivity as I'm absolutely terrified about losing another baby sad xx

Blossominspring Wed 23-Nov-16 16:07:03

Hello, sorry for your loss but congratulations on your new pregnsncy flowers.

It's great that you have been monitored and are having your stitch tomorrow. You'll find so many stories of babies born full term after stitches so there's lots to be positive about! I'm now 36 weeks with DS2 and had a stitch put in at 17 weeks after a monitoring scan showed cervical shortening. It's been a nervewracking pregnancy and I've taken it very very easy throughout but all has been fine. Stitch is being removed this Friday.

Here's the thread I started back in July but if you've any questions (I had millions!) then please just ask.
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/2692379-A

Take care and good luck for tomorrow x

JOMH1982 Thu 24-Nov-16 11:28:43

Thank you so much for your kind words and the link, I'm just so worried all will go wrong, we aredue some good luck now after all the trauma we have been through. Trying to be positive though and hoping for the best! I may have some questions afterwards about bleeding etc and cramping, bit scared about that xx

Blossominspring Thu 24-Nov-16 11:36:55

Oh it's so natural to feel nervous but they'll take good care of you. And yes please feel free to message me. Take care lovely x

Blossominspring Tue 29-Nov-16 09:07:59

Hello JOMH, how did you get on? Hoping all is well. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now