Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Gut rot & bloating

(10 Posts)
Bloopbleep Mon 21-Nov-16 00:36:19

I'm 8 weeks and I remember being like this with my first pregnancy at the same stage. Back then I was a student and didn't really <need> to get up early so could sit up all night feeling sorry for myself. Now I have a dd who needs to be up for school and here I am no closer to sleep with god awful Bloating and gut rot. I've tried rennies and tums. I'm lying on all fours with my arse in the air and my head down but it's not moving.

Has anyone got any remedies that will allow me to sleep?

Bloopbleep Mon 21-Nov-16 12:49:28

Nobody?

billabye Mon 21-Nov-16 13:10:05

I've not suffered with the gut rot but have had awful trapped wind and bloating. I found Clipper tea helps in After Dinner Mint flavour. It's fennel and mint and tastes ok.

Scotmum83 Mon 21-Nov-16 17:47:58

Peppermint tea or just hot (boiled) water will help shift the trapped wind. It's so u comfortable hope it doesn't last too long for you.

Bloopbleep Mon 21-Nov-16 18:54:24

Thank you. I'm not a huge fan of mint but if someone told me boiling dog shit into tea worked I'd try it.

Ilovenannyplum Mon 21-Nov-16 19:28:24

Not pregnant but also suffering from god awful trapped wind, you have my absolute sympathy. It's shit.

And I'm going to drink some hot water now confused

csa26 Mon 21-Nov-16 20:39:20

I was so lucky I happened to be off work for my first 2 weeks of pregnancy, I was so bloated & in pain I could hardly do anything! Eventually bought a 500g packet of brown linseeds from Holland & Barrett and poured them all over everything I ate to get plenty of fibre into me. Also cut out carbohydrates as I find they make me bloat.

Sympathies!

10Betty10 Tue 22-Nov-16 18:58:06

Rennie Deflatine really helped me. It's pregnancy safe.

Oopsypoopsy Tue 22-Nov-16 23:17:44

No advice here just sympathy! I'm constantly backed up and gassy and feel like I'm never cleared out. This is pregnancy no3 and it's been the same every time. I have found if I've slept on my back I wake up with really painful trapped wind!

Actually because you're early on I have got something you could try. If I lie on my tummy on the floor my husband lifts my feet so my legs are off the floor and wiggles my legs, that really helps immediately but obviously you can't do that once the bump gets bigger. It does make you both laugh though as it looks and feels very funny!

Bloopbleep Wed 23-Nov-16 07:34:04

I shall get some rennie deflatine thanks 10betty

oopsy even not pregnantvid struggle to get down on the floor these days ;) I find lying on all fours in bed with a couple of pillows to support my body keeping my bum higher than my shoulders helps a wee bit but it's easy to get stuck in that position right now as my muscles are so weak.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now