Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Piles! Help!

(14 Posts)
lananzack Sun 20-Nov-16 22:54:06

The title says it all really grin I've discovered huge external pile, been tender for a few days, only just had an inspection (how lovely is my wording. I apologise!). What in the bloody hell do I do about it to banish it fast?! Am I going to be stuck with a sore lump on my butt forever?!

As you may be able to tell I've never had one before, but I've sure seen Embarrassing Bodies where everything is 100x worse for those people and I admit hypochondria grin

AWafferthinmint Sun 20-Nov-16 23:08:34

Ouch, you poor thing. In my last pregnancy I had piles and thrush at the same time blush it was awful! I just used anusol and paracetamol and had a cry.

Bloopbleep Mon 21-Nov-16 00:38:12

Someone once suggested to me filling a condom with water then freezing it and sitting on it. Not sure I'd subject anyone to that but I guess it depends how painful it is. Painkillers and anusol work great as do warm baths

AntiHop Mon 21-Nov-16 00:43:27

Your gp can prescribe something stronger than anusol.

HughLauriesStubble Mon 21-Nov-16 10:17:17

I've found the anusol suppositories combined with the cream to be good.

cockermum85 Mon 21-Nov-16 18:32:49

Oh you poor thing! I too have one (his nickname is Harry, and when it's bothering me I tell DH that Harry is angry! grin ) I found amusing cream gave me relief, though it's not gone. Sorry if tmi but some things that have helped me are:
Making sure I don't get constipated (high bran brekie and fruit helped me)
Good quilted toilet paper
Soft wet wipes... flushable ones or a bin for wet wipes
Sitting in a Luke warm bath if it's really bothering me.

I swear I've had every pregnancy thing going but I like this one the least. 'Y midwife says they usually go after birth.

Sunshine511 Mon 21-Nov-16 19:08:27

Sorry, this sounds awful so I apologise in advance. You need to try to push it back in blush. That will help it to heal. Along with the warm baths, cream/medication, wet wipes etc. I also suffered with this and then suffered terribly for a while after labour. The pain can be so excruciating so you have my sympathy. One of the most unpleasant pregnancy side effects that I suffered from, but following these steps will really help.

Helpisathand13 Mon 21-Nov-16 19:15:06

I agree with sunshine, try to ease back inside. It may keep falling out but it is considerably more painful out than in, I can assure you.
You have my sympathy. Hope you are feeling better soon and the dreaded pile eases at least a little x

Star8181 Mon 21-Nov-16 21:29:37

Ugh I feel for you, I had it really bad last month. I went for the doctor and she gave me some steroid cream called Xyloproct, it's stronger than anusol. It can only be used short term but got me sorted within days. It was like a miracle. Been taking lactulose when needed since to ensure it doesn't happen again!

MummaGiles Mon 21-Nov-16 21:31:25

Ugh I had piles in pregnancy, it was awful. Definitely anusol. And they will go after the birth.

Saku Tue 22-Nov-16 01:45:28

I had them in my first pregnancy... and now in second also I am having them.. using anusol.. they are horrible to put up with
tips which helped me.. (Sorry for any TMI)
cut your nails as they can make them bleed by mistake and condition could be bad
wet toilet paper or wipes.. (chilled one will help you).. dont ask how you are going to chill them grin
opposite to the other fellows here my advice is to try washing or pouring chilled water stream down there for 5 minutes after every time you go for motion(it will automatically shrink the pile lump and ease your burning)
then try pushing it back with anusol cream.. it will work as lubricant .........as well as will be applied thoroughly
yes dont let yourself be constipated
avoid oily and spicy hot food
avoid things which have corn flour in them

CouldIHaveIt Tue 22-Nov-16 02:20:24

Definitely go to the Doctor and get xyloproct. Lay one bed and apply something cool, even baby wipes will do, clean it/around it, dry it and put some xyloproct on it, massaging it it and pop it back in. Put some more on when you think about it then when you go to bed. It'll go quickly.

In future you'll probably feel a bit of a tingling/itching as soon as you do pop some xyloproct on.

It's heaven in a tube!

Youngoldmum Tue 22-Nov-16 07:14:35

I found germaloids much better than anusol

lananzack Tue 22-Nov-16 17:09:30

Finally got a chance to nip to the chemist and caused a few giggles among other people waiting in there when the pharmacist asked me how bad it was and I described it as a peeping malteaser blush
They have given me anusol but based on my description they're ordering in some stuff with steroids in grin I'm hopeful! Thanks ladies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now