Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hair dye...

(7 Posts)
Bexsparkle Sun 20-Nov-16 16:47:00

I'm after some advice on hair dye! I home dye an all over blonde - the advice online is very varied! What do you all think? Is it safe?! I'm currently 9 weeks and 4 days.

Thanks so much smile

maroda16 Sun 20-Nov-16 16:50:15

Hi Bex, I'm a hairdresser, I coloured my own hair and worked with hair colour while I was pregnant, and have coloured any clients who were pregnant, including blondes, never ever had an issue. It's fine!!!

GinIsIn Sun 20-Nov-16 16:54:30

I think the general advice is now that it's fine - the NHS website says go for it, if you're really nervous wait until 12 weeks but it should be fine.

Bexsparkle Sun 20-Nov-16 16:56:24

Thank you!!! Such a relief as I hate roots and greys!! Might stretch it out till 12 weeks - so relieved! Xx

MoonlightMojitos Sun 20-Nov-16 17:44:55

I don't think there's any evidence it's unsafe. I've had mine done but changed from having bleach to a colour instead as you can get more sensitive when pregnant and I find bleach itchy at the best of times so didn't want it to be worse than normal!

SussexTeacher Sun 20-Nov-16 18:10:54

I've been doing mine all through my pregnancy. Even before 12 weeks. All absolutely fine! I did ask my midwife recently and she just said to do a patch test.... Which I haven't.....

Bexsparkle Sun 20-Nov-16 19:47:00

Haha I would be the same - never done a patch test in my life! Looking forward to getting rid of the dreaded roots xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now