Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Rhesus O Neg spotting at 6 weeks anti-d not given?

(8 Posts)
1sttimemummyedinburgh Sat 19-Nov-16 21:23:14

Hey I am pregnant with dc2 and have Rhesus negative blood. I have been spotting for a few days pink and brown. Early pregnancy unit said I do not need anti d until after 12 weeks. I have been reading that if this is not given it can cause a miscarriage. Anyone have any experience on this?

Thanks

sweetchilli77 Sat 19-Nov-16 21:28:36

im resus neg too and bled at 11 week, didn't have anti D. I then bled at 13 and 15 week and had anti d both times.....im not exactly sure why its after 12 weeks though.

jobrum Sat 19-Nov-16 21:29:14

I am r neg, currently 19 weeks with second. I have never heard of the anti d being given so early. Had a spotting at 2 months-is and the mw said it was normal at my booking. My anti-d will be at 28 weeks, I think they give it if you've had a heavy fall and they find antibodies?

Threeboysandus Sat 19-Nov-16 21:30:06

I'm a midwife and in my unit, we only give after 12 weeks too. Hope you are ok X

BreatheDeep Sat 19-Nov-16 21:31:08

I think it's because the placenta hasn't formed and there is no chance of the bloods mixing. But I'm not 100% sure.

user1471469504 Sat 19-Nov-16 21:34:09

I think it's something to do with the placenta not developing until 12 weeks. I am thesis negative too and I had lots of bleeding at around 6 weeks, no suggestion of anti-d at all. And all was fine. Hope all goes well for you too.

1sttimemummyedinburgh Sun 20-Nov-16 13:31:14

Thank you all so much for the reassurance. I did find it odd that they didn't take blood to test for antibodies or hcg levels especially since I'm spotting and having pain. Fingers crossed all is well 😕 thanks again

arbrighton Sun 20-Nov-16 15:51:05

I'm not going to be given Anti D until 28 weeks (7 weeks now) but no problems to date. Fingers crossed it continues this way.

OP, try not to worry, midwives have lots of experience and guidelines

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now