Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby disengaged?

(3 Posts)
SophieOlivia Sat 19-Nov-16 15:01:11

Hi guys,

I am a first time mum. Currently 38+5.
My last midwife appointment was at 37 weeks and she had a feel and said baby is head down and on her way (she wrote 2/5 on my maternity notes). I've been using the birthing ball since 36 weeks so was thinking I'm heading in the right direction.

I've hit 38 weeks and now my bump is really high, hard and uncomfortable! All the pressure in my pelvis is gone, I can feel her moving up in my ribs. I'm thinking she has disengaged! I'm so disheartened because I feel like this agonising wait will be even longer now!
Anyone else gone through this? What can I do?

ShowOfHands Sat 19-Nov-16 15:06:15

Whether your baby is engaged or not has no bearing on when labour will happen.

My dd was fully engaged and fixed from 31 weeks. She was born at term. DS never engaged and labour started spontaneously at 37 weeks with his head high and free.

It's not an indicator of anything.

Good luck for the birth.

EsmesBees Sat 19-Nov-16 15:10:45

That happens, it's really normal. They go in and out of being engaged in the run up to labour. Don't worry. He or she will be here soon enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now