Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity trousers/jeans that are NOT skinny?

(16 Posts)
INeedNewShoes Sat 19-Nov-16 10:39:02

I have chunky legs, always have done. I'm otherwise a size 10 generally and 5ft4.

I am in despair trying to buy maternity clothes. I tried on loads in JojoMaman last week and didn't find anything that looked/felt nice. The straight legged trousers are just about OK appearance wise but the polyester is nasty.

Looking in H&M and New Look it is all skinny jeans, skinny trousers and leggings. My legs just won't fit in them and if they did I would look horrendous!

Has anyone found any reasonable quality maternity trousers/jeans that are designed for curvier legs?

I had thought about just living in maternity dresses, but no, they don't allow room for big boobs (which is just bloomin' ludicrous given what pregnancy does to boobs)! None of the Jojo dresses had enough room up top (my size with pregnancy is now 30G).

Sorry, I know I'm sounding like a complete grumpy arse but that's because I feel it wondering what on earth am I going to wear for the next few months!?

Can anyone help?

ElspethFlashman Sat 19-Nov-16 10:40:40

H&M have some boyfriend over the bump ones I lived in last time.

SarahOoo Sat 19-Nov-16 11:25:22

I got straight legs ones from H&M, they also had boot cut I think. I have a huge bum and chunky thighs so finding them was amazing!

INeedNewShoes Sat 19-Nov-16 11:37:18

Right, it sounds as though I need to find a big H&M to go to. I work near Oxford Circus so that shouldn't be too difficult.

My local H&M only had the skinny stuff in store.

Thanks for the tip.

Trilby4pink Sat 19-Nov-16 11:38:10

I'm a chunky thighed 5"4! I got a great pair of boot cut jeans from Next online, they are definitely the best maternity jeans I tried!

Penguin13 Sat 19-Nov-16 11:51:00

Don't know if they still do them but red herring in Debhenhams had some last time I was pregnant. They have a maternity section in the one on Oxford St, or at least they used to.

SuperUnicorn Sat 19-Nov-16 13:24:07

I got a pair of bootcut jeans from Next. Only problem is I'm too short for regular leg length but too tall for the short in their sizes but they are so difficult to find I'm having to lump the slightly too short leg length. At least they don't drag on the wet ground!

Minispringroll Sat 19-Nov-16 13:46:40

I got mine from Amazon:
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001H85RBQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also have some skinny ones from Next, which I wore during the summer...but they just don't feel right in this weather.

SueGeneris Sat 19-Nov-16 13:48:53

Had no idea there was a market for these! I have boot cut maternity jeans from 2008 - might get them on ebay!

Belager Sat 19-Nov-16 13:54:25

I'm am also chunky of leg, I bought H&M online as it's easy to return what doesn't fit. I also made great use of the jojomaman bump bands that button to the trousers and allow you to wear pre preg clothes.

INeedNewShoes Sat 19-Nov-16 14:06:20

Wow! Thanks for all the responses. The ones Mini linked are by a shop called funmum who I've Googled and find they have a website that has bootcut work trousers as well so this could turn out to be really useful.

Sue - I'm sure you would do well selling maternity clothes online especially things that are harder to get hold of. I couldn't buy from Ebay as I'm such a funny shape I have to be able to try everything on.

Celticlassie Sat 19-Nov-16 14:11:22

There are boyfriend jeans and chinos (only in dark red iirc) in ASOS maternity bit. Pretty reasonable too.

McBaby Sat 19-Nov-16 14:14:36

Gap have got a few boot leg and straight leg maternity jeans. Very comfortable.

sjj257 Sat 19-Nov-16 14:56:38

I've given up trying to find some jeans, I'm a size 18 with chunky legs...h&m size 18s are definitely not size 18. I've been living in stretchy harem trousers in a size bigger for my bump and some really comfy joggers from sainsburys, the waist is meant to fold over but i open it out so they are over the bump lol.

neonrainbow Sat 19-Nov-16 16:00:58

Peacocks do a few different types but not skinny! My local fairly small peacocks has a little maternity section so one local to you may do as well.

stripeyorangesocks71 Sat 19-Nov-16 23:04:09

I'm usually a size 12 but have always had chunky legs. Before I really started showing (way before 20 weeks) I got some maternity jeans from Mothercare in a sale (£22) not skinny fit nor massively baggy either, just right! They still fit me now (I'm 36 weeks and feel ready to pop) and tbh I'm living in them at the moment when I go out! Hope you manage to find some nice ones!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now