Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Calories

(7 Posts)
MidnightBreeze Thu 17-Nov-16 17:53:54

Do I eat more calories now that I'm pregnant??
Before I was, I was on around 1200 a day, do I now go up to 1500 as recommended??
Basically I'm fat.....don't look pregnant just really fat! Il soon be able to balance a glass off my expanding a**!
Can I stay at 1200??

Johno85 Thu 17-Nov-16 19:09:59

From the stuff I've read most sites say that only 300 extra calories a day are required- some say this is only needed in the last trimester. Not sure how it works if you're overweight though. I used to go to slimming world and you can safely do that while you're pregnant and still lose weight. Definitely worth speaking to the midwife about. 10/10 for comedic post 😝

WinnieTheW0rm Thu 17-Nov-16 19:18:24

Do you happen to know your TDEE just at the point you became pg?

I used to have a link to a good calculator, and I'll see if I can find it for you.

No expert here, but I'm pretty sure that you need to eat your full TDEE, then start rounding it up, then add 200 calories a day once into 3rd trimester.

WinnieTheW0rm Thu 17-Nov-16 20:42:48

Calculator here

(Ignore that it's on a site linked to a specific eating plan, the tools ok in itself)

Up your calories. 1200 is barely enough for you to survive on

MidnightBreeze Fri 18-Nov-16 21:44:55

To be fair, looking at food puts weight on so based on that, I'm probably on 20000 calories a day! Yep, I put the extra 0 in! Lol

Desmondo2016 Fri 18-Nov-16 21:51:10

You need to worry less about calories and more about the type of food you consume. 2000 good calories of healthy fats, the right carbs and protein is far far better for you and your baby than 1000 calories of sugar.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now