Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Please can someone guess the gender?

(36 Posts)
strongmilknosugar Thu 17-Nov-16 10:09:51

Just interested to know people's thoughts, we don't really want to know if that makes any sense smile

The first pic is from 12 weeks and the rest are 20.

strongmilknosugar Thu 17-Nov-16 10:10:26

Wouldn't let me upload four in one go

fuzzywuzzy Thu 17-Nov-16 10:14:24

I think boy.

Did you not ask at your 20 week scan? I'm going to wildly curious. smile

strongmilknosugar Thu 17-Nov-16 10:20:08

I'm thinking boy too smile No we'd still like a surprise. I enjoy guessing and I think it will keep me going at the end xx

Crystal15 Thu 17-Nov-16 10:27:35

Well I see boy parts!

strongmilknosugar Thu 17-Nov-16 10:35:44

grin

Sabistick Thu 17-Nov-16 10:54:24

You mean the sex? Too early to see, but baby looks ok as far as i can see. Maybe you should ask the sonographer

strongmilknosugar Thu 17-Nov-16 11:23:58

Sab, yes clearly I meant sex hmm

Did you read my post? I don't officially want to know. It's also not too early.

IDreamOfPeace Thu 17-Nov-16 12:08:49

I see a boy 'nub' in the 12 week photos! smile

Nikki2ol6 Thu 17-Nov-16 12:12:06

Of course it's not too early!!!!! The nub theory is highly accurate from around 12 wks and 3 days!!!!! I'd guess boy from the 12 week scan. Did you only get one pic at that scan?

strongmilknosugar Thu 17-Nov-16 13:03:00

Thanks all. Yes only one pic from the 12 week scan. Well we asked for three but they were all the same!!

strongmilknosugar Thu 17-Nov-16 16:26:03

Would anyone else like to guess?

strongmilknosugar Thu 17-Nov-16 21:39:43

Bump smile

LHReturns Thu 17-Nov-16 21:51:15

I also think BOY! I just had my 12 week scan today...sonographer predicted a boy, and my Harmony test results confirmed it. Your baby's bits look very like my baby's bits!!

strongmilknosugar Thu 17-Nov-16 21:59:21

Thanks LH, so 100% boys!

strongmilknosugar Thu 17-Nov-16 21:59:42

And congrats on your news smile xx

LHReturns Thu 17-Nov-16 22:11:05

This will be my second boy - boys are DELICIOUS.

IDreamOfPeace Thu 17-Nov-16 22:18:05

Time to start thinking of a boys name I reckon grin

strongmilknosugar Thu 17-Nov-16 22:44:01

I'm really struggling with boys names. I've always imagined our first baby would be a girl so I was a little worried about how I'd feel if it's a boy but I'm getting used to it. I know I'll love him/her no matter what though.

Becciilouisex3 Fri 18-Nov-16 04:53:15

I was going to say girl based on skull theory not that I know what I'm talking about anyway I'm less than a novice blush

However, these lot seem confident with the nub's and the nub theory was right for me personally! Good lucksmile

IDreamOfPeace Fri 18-Nov-16 09:13:55

Nub theory was right for me too!

OP, I was the same as you. I don't know why but I thought we'd have a girl first (nope!) and my DH and I had no trouble picking out lovely girls names. It took us months to come up with a boys name that we both liked but that doesn't mean we're any less excited about having a boy! You'll find one you like too.

When are you due? Was your 20 week scan recent? smile

strongmilknosugar Fri 18-Nov-16 10:25:51

I'm due mid March smile How about you? I'm starting to get scared, I'm quite nervous about the birth and how I'll feel physically after!!

I still keep having a panic that I'm not going to connect to a boy but I think as time goes on I'll get used to whatever it might be.

DH thinks it's a girl and so does my mum. I think that's just because they imagined a girl too. I'll be very surprised if it is! x

LHReturns Fri 18-Nov-16 10:45:09

OP I totally understand. I too had about ten girls names that I loved and no boys names!

I must say I cannot imagine a greater love affair than the one I have with my now 2.5 year old son. I feel he is all I reallly need in the world.

I just found out yesterday at my Harmony test results and 12 week scan that I am having another boy and NOTHING could have made me happier. Me and all my boys!!

So if you do have a boy (you may not, we might be wrong!) I hope you have the exact same experience as me. It is wonderful.

Becciilouisex3 Fri 18-Nov-16 10:50:00

I can add to the "lots of girls names no boys"! I really imagined and wanted a girl ( but deep down did suspect I was having a boy).

I can honestly say I'm so so glad I have my son. Of course I'd have loved a daughter too but I can't imagine life without my DS! A mother/son bond is a very special thing - you will love your son if it's a son you have just as you would love your little girl!

Good luck whatever is cooking in that oven! flowers

CanandWill Fri 18-Nov-16 10:50:54

Boy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now