Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Missed a day of pregnancy vitamins :S should I take two today?

(8 Posts)
kikiroo Wed 16-Nov-16 11:16:38

I've been diligently taking preconception vitamins before and now pregnancy ones but totally forgot to take one yesterday sad should I take two today to make up for it? Sorry.. I'm panicking!

chocdonutyy Wed 16-Nov-16 11:20:47

Leave it, missing one wont hurt at all smile

Trifleorbust Wed 16-Nov-16 11:24:27

No, you'll be fine.

DoubleCarrick Wed 16-Nov-16 11:26:38

Don't panic. Just take one today. I haven't taken a single vitamin since I was 9 weeks because I couldn't keep them down. Am now nearly 33 weeks and baby is still growing well

FadedRed Wed 16-Nov-16 11:29:46

No need for panic. Don't take a double dose, just the normal daily dose. Maybe you could set a reminder on your phone so you don't forget again?

kikiroo Wed 16-Nov-16 11:38:16

Ah ladies you are the best, thank you for the quick response and calming my nerves. And yes a reminder on the phone's a brilliant idea smile

Inthenick Wed 16-Nov-16 11:44:44

It will make zero difference, it's not medication for a serious illness and most of the vitamins are completely unnecessary anyway. A folic acid (preconception) and vit D also (once pregnant) is all that's recommended. And many many people don't even manage to take either let alone miss one day.

I say all that in the hope that you don't get too fixated on the perfection of doing everything right because that way madness lies.

viques Wed 16-Nov-16 11:50:16

have an extra spoon of veg with your dinner tonight, a bit more fruit and stop worrying. you and your baby are fine.

and it is a lovely sunny day today, get outside, roll up your sleeves if you can to expose a bit more skin and soak up the free vitamin d.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now