Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hair falling out - worried

(9 Posts)
Difficultyear2015 Wed 16-Nov-16 09:47:17

I have noticed since about 8 weeks that my hair is falling out so much.

My hair brush is full after every time I brush it, and when I wash it my hands are covered in loose hairs.

It feels like my ponytail has halfed in thickness if at not more.

I am eating healthily and taking all my vitamins and on the other hand my nails have started growing crazily strong.

I am a bit worried I am going to end up near bald or with very thin hair if this carries on.

Any suggestions?

BackAwayFatty Wed 16-Nov-16 10:43:39

No suggestions as such but wanted to reassure you.

Both my sister & I suffered from hair loss during pregnancy.

Mine was quite severe & so I was offered steroid injections into my scalp through the NHS.

Hairdresser said it's the hormones of pregnancy & its a 3 month cycle for hair growth so to be patient. Decided to hold off on any treatment.

Hair grew back in as normal smile

hopedust Wed 16-Nov-16 10:44:58

Hi

The same is happening to me!! I'm 14 weeks now and also worried that I'll have no hair left if this carries on.
My iron levels are fine so really don't know why this is happening.

Sorry I am no help, hope someone else can be.
x

Choccyhobnob Wed 16-Nov-16 12:10:58

My hair fell out so much in pregnancy and after birth, I didn't have very thick hair to begin with! It has slowed down to normal now and I have really annoying 3 inch long hair which sticks out all around my hairline 14 months on but I guess the good thing is it's growing....

PotteringAlong Wed 16-Nov-16 12:14:57

Completely normal! It will sort itself out eventually!

Hollz26 Wed 16-Nov-16 13:37:36

Having exact same problem been falling out loads since i fell pregnant but i think it might be slowing down a bit now im 20 weeks alot of people say it only happens once youve had baby but i have heard of alot of people this happens to x

divadee Wed 16-Nov-16 15:53:38

I had this from about 6 weeks right through till about 24 weeks. I was worried as it didn't happen in my first pregnancy. Dr and midwife reassured me it is normal for some people. I would have to empty the plug hole halfway through a shower as it was getting blocked with the amount so it was extreme.

Mine is all normal now just normal hair loss that I would get every day anyway.

jessm2109 Wed 16-Nov-16 16:02:21

I am getting this too. Since about 10 weeks i've noticed a big difference in the amount of hair falling out. Glad i'm not the only one! All I was hearing from everyone is 'have you noticed your hair getting glossier!?' erm no! Hope you feel reassured now that it's normal for some. flowers

vallinnapod Wed 16-Nov-16 19:47:43

With my first 2 pregnancies (IVF) my hair fell out for my entire second trimester. Worried the crap out of me the first time. It wasn't patchy but felt half as thick. Kept expecting someone to tell me it was normal but both my MWs and hairdresser were a bit perplexed. It stopped for my third trimester before having a less dramatic shed about 3 months post partum. This pregnancy (natural) it fell out for a few weeks in my first trimester but has been thick since then. Truly bizarre.

So I am not real help other than to say it does stop and it does grow back grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now