Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Struggling at work

(4 Posts)
Difficultyear2015 Tue 15-Nov-16 21:18:28

I'm 11 weeks and work is crazy busy, to the point there is too much for me to do right now.
I am the only person in the company who does my job.

I sat down with the owners today and explained how I am not able to keep up and they helped with a few suggestions but it's really not enough.

I am always working through lunch and staying late (not the oy one in the company doing this on a regular occurrence) and when I left today an hour later than I should I felt like they expected me to stay longer to do even more.
I'm exhausted.
I'm achy and sore and irritable.
I want to get healthy and start swimming and yoga in my evenings but instead I get home late and just want to go to bed.

I need the job as I am main breadwinner

Please tell me positive things and that it will get better

RobberBride Tue 15-Nov-16 21:22:02

I'm not sure if this is positive, but you're not alone. I'm 12+1 and I'm at home working right now. (Well, brief MN break.) I feel so nauseous and headachy in the day that I'm struggling to hit deadlines, so even more than usual I do work in evenings/weekends. I'm planning on getting through the next 2.5 weeks (big deadline), at which point I'll have had scans/tests, hopefully all will be ok, I can tell them I'm pg and promptly start working a 'normal' day again.

orangebird69 Tue 15-Nov-16 21:24:57

I promise it gets better. In my first trimester I was so tired I cried. I had never felt so exhausted in my life. I worked 5 hours a day at school. A couple of lessons and lots of admin (new IB accreditation). Luckily I had my own office separate from the main school block. I used to lock my office door and put my head on the desk and nap whenever I could. Is it possible you can nip to your car/sick or prayer room to power nap? I've never been a day napper, not even since my 13mo sleep dodging, boob monster ds was born It does pass. flowers

Difficultyear2015 Tue 15-Nov-16 21:44:56

Thank you both.
That does help make me feel better ☺️

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now