Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

6 weeks pregnant and told I'm having a threating miscarriage

(6 Posts)
steph0923 Tue 15-Nov-16 10:40:40

Hi,
I'm 6+3 weeks. The day after I discovered I was pregnant I noticed some watery brown bleeding (sorry for the oversharing!) I immediately thought the worst, after doing some research I learnt about implantation bleeding which reassured me a bit. I still called my doctor who referred me to the EPU. I had a scan on Friday and even though I was still bleeding, everything looked perfect and I could even see my little baby at 1.1mm!!!!

The next day I was still bleeding but felt a lot better. But later that evening I noticed a sudden gush of red blood sad I freaked out and assumed the worst. It was then followed by some stringy clots. The next day I again had another gush of red blood (not enough to fill a pad). I went to hospital, and they did some general tests to make sure I didn't have an infection but told me I have to wait for a scan this Friday to check for a heartbeat. The doctor said it's a threatening miscarriage and I'll just have to let nature take its course. Since then, I've been lightly bleeding (brownish/reddish) with slight cramps occasionally.

I have been so worried ever since, it just the waiting which is so hard sad
I have prepared myself for the worst and already started the grieving process, but just need the confirmation to move on properly. has anyone had any similar experiences??? Thanks xx

Snowflakes1122 Tue 15-Nov-16 12:07:50

Yes, with my son.

I started bleeding at 13 weeks, went to A&E as it was so heavy.

A scan revelaved baby was fine. They didn't give me much information on why I was bleI ding, so I booked a private scan wity a qualified sonographer who told me it was called a subchorionic hematoma (sch)
It's a clot of blood that forms by the baby and can cause bleeding.

Sounds very similar to what I had-out your feet up and take it easy. angry

Snowflakes1122 Tue 15-Nov-16 12:08:12

Sorry that was flowers not meant to be an angry face!!

moobeana Tue 15-Nov-16 12:14:33

I had a similar experience.

I was 11 weeks pregnant and had mild bleeding, I was told to wait 3 days to go to epu for scan, but the night before the scan my bleeding got worse. I had major cramps and lots of large clots.

By the morning I had sadly lost the baby and EPU confirmed complete miscarriage.

I was well cared for and advised. 6 months later i was pregnant again and had a healthy baby girl.

I sincerely hope yours settles down. But if it doesn't come see us on the miscarriage board for advice and comfort.

Big hugs.

steph0923 Tue 15-Nov-16 13:10:47

Thanks for your replies, it's nice to see stories of outcomes either way. Snowflakes I'm glad everything went okay! Fingers crossed that we do have a similar experience. I have been trying to rest as much as possible and see how things go.

Thanks for your reply moobeana, I'm sorry to hear what happened. I'm praying as I haven't had those painful cramps it gives me a glimmer of hope - but not getting my hopes up. Glad to hear you've got a lovely baby girl xxx

Hulaballoo Tue 15-Nov-16 14:51:03

I had the same at 9 weeks, bled for 2 days and had cramps. I had an EPU scan, but bean was fine. She's a very bubbly 6 year old nowsmile they said there was a sac of blood near the baby, but werent too sure why. FX all is well with you too xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now