Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Really bad dizziness at 26 weeks

(11 Posts)
Fabulosososo Tue 15-Nov-16 09:59:33

I'm getting really bad dizziness on a daily basis. I was told dizziness when walking or standing up quickly was normal. However, my dizziness often starts when I'm sitting down relaxing. I feel kind of sick and like I'm not getting enough oxygen (although my breathing is fine). Sometimes walking very slowly around helps, other times I have to lean forwards in my chair. It's happening daily at the moment. Is this normal? If it's not normal who is the best person to contact GP or midwife? midwife checked my iron levels last week and all seems fine there and I am eating regularly and pregnancy has been uncomplicated so far. Any ideas? Advice?

Snowflakes1122 Tue 15-Nov-16 10:06:13

When I had this during pregnancy, it was due to me having really low blood pressure. Nothing to worry about.
I would get dizzy and weak just walking upstairs or bending etc.
I found always having a bottle of water around with me and staying hydrated helped.

It's definitely worth having a chat with your midwife though, so she can check you over.

excitedas Tue 15-Nov-16 12:05:15

Funnily enough I'm experiencing the same. I was very faint on Friday and had to sit down and then get driven home. It has happened three times since then where I feel very hot and then feel really out of it and have to sit down. I just rang the midwives and they have arranged for me to have blood tests as well as urine and blood pressure, this afternoon, so I will let you know how I get on, I am 25 weeks pregnant. I would give your midwives number a call and ask for advice x

Nikki2ol6 Tue 15-Nov-16 13:30:10

I have a dodgey ticker and this happens to me and it's basically how I found out about my dodgey ticker. But it's nothing serious. But my symptoms were a fast heart rate which I didn't always notice it was going too fast but I did notice the not getting enough air feeling and being breathless. It usually happens after I eat. Can come on when I'm just sitting down. Try checking your pulse nxt time this happens and see if your heart is going too fast.

DameSquashalot Tue 15-Nov-16 14:01:14

I had this too and it was low blood pressure. The doctor told me to lie down with my feet raised (above the level of my heart.)

Get checked out though. flowers

Bamalam12345 Wed 16-Nov-16 08:26:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GinAndTonTons Wed 16-Nov-16 08:30:56

I had low blood pressure when pregnant. I found that eating salty food would help me. Might be worth a try as you wait for your next appointment. Midwives will have seen it plenty I'm sure so will give the best advice. wink

Are you drinking enough water? I got dizzy, dr told me to up my water and dizziness stopped

vgiraffe Wed 16-Nov-16 20:47:58

I had this on one occasion properly (milder light-headedness at other times) and freaked me out a bit as I was also just sitting down and it came on suddenly out of the blue. Both midwife and GP said to keep hydrated as that helps low blood pressure. Now always have 2 decent sized glasses of water in the morning (have one next to my bed and usually drink some if I wake in the night/early hours then another with breakfast) and make sure I'm still drinking plenty during the day. I would say no harm in getting it checked out though if it keeps happening, my GPs are very good and didn't make me feel like I was wasting their time and even though I was effectively just told to put up with it, it was nice to know there was nothing else going on.

Fabulosososo Sun 20-Nov-16 08:18:14

Just a quick update in case anyone else has the same problem. Mentioned this when I saw the consultant the other day and she said that it can happen any time you're upright, you don't have to be standing and it's nothing to worry about. She also said that my blood pressure is normal but on the lower end which makes this more likely to happen and advised drinking plenty of water. So the advice you all gave me was great. Will be watching my water intake from now on!

DameSquashalot Fri 25-Nov-16 23:24:01

Great news chocolate

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now