Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nausea - support!

(4 Posts)
NauseousNancy Tue 15-Nov-16 08:48:48

Hello all smile

I recently found out I was pregnant while I had the coil fitted. Had it removed, and I am now somwhere between 8-10 weeks.

I feel awful. I'm sick every morning, and nauseous all day. I am eating every few hours to try and ease it, but it doesn't really work. Anyone else in the same boat?

I know there's not much I can do, but it's so exhausting. I've had to call in sick today, and just feeling a bit sorry for myself!!

LittleMissQuick Tue 15-Nov-16 20:43:58

I was exactly the same in the first 12 weeks. I would wake up around 2am every morning and be sick untill the sun came up!

I found eating something light about an hour before bed (like toast) and then a glass of milk just before sleep really helped.

It really does suck!! But you're allowed to feel sorry for yourself and if you need some time off, take it.

I'm 15 weeks on thursday and the sickness stopped around 2 weeks ago, so hang in there!! Fingers crossed it passes after 12 weeks hun x

Chloeneedshelp Tue 15-Nov-16 21:02:54

I suffered both with my first and this pregnancy but only until 12 weeks ish. I'd also recommend trying to eat before bed so you're not going to long through the night without food. I found that I didn't feel 'hunger' it was replaced with feeling really sick! So try to ear little and often. Nibbling biscuits and toast. Plenty of rest and sleep. It will improve. Don't tire yourself out. I found that I coped better this time round than first time round although it was still awful!

kmini Tue 15-Nov-16 21:31:14

Travel sickness bands eased my nausea last time, just put them on again today and have a twinge of hope they will help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now