Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

38+3 & tummy bug - survival tips please!

(7 Posts)
Beachmum85 Tue 15-Nov-16 08:37:41

Urgh - apologies in advance for TMI but...

I woke up at 2am and was violently sick (--and the other end--) several times after feeling 'iffy' all day yesterday sad.

I feel dreadful - apart from more rounds of the runs, I'm ok now, but am having such strong Braxton hicks and they're making me feel so sick!!!

Any tips for a quick recovery? And to avoid DD getting it? shock

#notideal

Nikki2ol6 Tue 15-Nov-16 09:57:28

Rest and drink plenty of fluids. Dehydration can cause contractions so drink plenty. If you can't drink plenty then it's probs a trip to hospital. I had a bug at 37 weeks and my baby stopped moving so I went to hospital and mine and his heart rate were too fast because I was dehydrated. They put me on a drip and a monitor and after a few hours I was ok

domesticslattern Tue 15-Nov-16 10:05:18

Rest and fluids yes but also make sure your bags are packed cos this sounds a lot like the early symptoms of labour.smile

Ginslinger Tue 15-Nov-16 10:06:38

I was going to say early labour too

Beachmum85 Tue 15-Nov-16 10:50:51

Eek!! Really??? My mums convinced its labour but because DD1 was 5 days overdue I'm being a bit relaxed... eek.

panad317 Tue 15-Nov-16 10:53:37

Was going to say early labour too.

Beachmum85 Tue 15-Nov-16 16:14:42

Nope deffo a bug sad and I'm kinda relieved as my energy is ZERO and I feel like death warmed up!

What bad luck! I could cry I feel so rotten.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now