Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Backache, cramps, sore foof

(6 Posts)
ellesbellesxxx Tue 15-Nov-16 07:58:55

Hi,
I am 9 weeks pregnant with twins (IVF) and right now feeling frightened.
I went to the doctors yesterday as had been feeling cramps and backache.. she said see how it felt overnight and if there was any bleeding obv would be referred straight to epu.
I have been kept awake with the cramps but tOday my foof feels sore too... no dtd for ages so def not that... really scared now.

NauseousNancy Tue 15-Nov-16 09:07:00

Hi smile

I have been having cramps on and off and called my midwife. I was told that it's absolutely normal, and I could take some paracetamol if it was getting too much.

Try not to worry, although I know that's almost impossible! Call your midwife/early pregnancy team and I'm sure they'll be able to put your mind at rest.

ellesbellesxxx Tue 15-Nov-16 09:08:40

Thank you so much Nancy. Just waiting for doc to call back... think have got myself over anxious! Hope you are feeling better? X

NauseousNancy Tue 15-Nov-16 09:14:14

It's so easily done - I was anxious before pregnancy, now it's off the scale!

Hope the doctor gets back to you soon!

Nikki2ol6 Tue 15-Nov-16 09:55:14

Cramps are usually a good sign as it means the uterus is growin and stretching because the baby is growing..... if there is no bleeding and the cramps are not sever the I would say don't worry. I have 4 children and had cramping and sometimes backache at the same time with all of them in early pregnancy

ellesbellesxxx Tue 15-Nov-16 12:17:05

Thanks so much all xx
Just been to epu and was scanned... all fine phew!
Need to stop worrying!!!! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now