Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Advise on dealing with pains

(4 Posts)
user1479150521 Mon 14-Nov-16 19:16:09

Hello,

I am after some advise! I found out 4 days out I am 4/5 weeks pregnant and haven't got my doctors appointment until Friday and I'm going crazy.
I have been getting bad stomach pains for the past week it's exactly like period pains they come on every hour or so and last about 15 mins. Now I am sure this is normal but I wanted to know what I can do to reduce or control the pain as it is keeping me up at night and as I don't want anyone knowing at work for a good few months I am finding it hard to hide the pain. (Period pain excuse will only last so long) it's strange as it's the only symptoms I have had so far, no morning sickness as I assuming that's still to come.
Can I take any pain killers? Are there any things I can do to help it?
And pleaseeeee tell me this doesn't last 9 months!?

I thought I had a high pain threshold until now. I don't want to whinge to my husband as it's so often now.

Thanks for any advise!!

TopKittyKat Mon 14-Nov-16 20:06:02

Hi OP, congratulations!
Sorry to hear you are suffering. Paracetamol is safe to take when pregnant. I would suggest you take some.
I know I did feel period-type pain in the first few weeks. It would definitely be worth mentioning to your GP though as it sounds like your pain is quite severe.

Christmasbaby16 Mon 14-Nov-16 20:36:21

I had these horrible cramping pains from 5 -13 weeks. My advice..little walks, even just around the house or a warm bath. Best wishes

user1479150521 Mon 14-Nov-16 20:38:19

Thanks both grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now