Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Numb bump

(7 Posts)
ladyderbs Mon 14-Nov-16 12:59:50

Just a quick one, last night I noticed that there's a small area at the top of my bump (under boobs) that has gone pretty much numb to the touch... I've googled it and apparently it is down to everything being stretched.. anyone else had this? Got a midwife appointment on Thurs so il mention it then, but just trying to convince myself it's normal until then!! I'm 31 weeks smile

ITMama1 Mon 14-Nov-16 13:02:06

I'm 38 weeks and have had this since about 28. It gets ridiculously hot at times too. I find putting something cold on helps move baby which alleviates heat and restores feeling. It's like getting an injection from the dentist, weird feeling.

Hopelass Mon 14-Nov-16 13:02:11

I had this! Very weird isn't it?!
Bump is now a 5 week old sleep thief so perfectly normal wink

ladyderbs Mon 14-Nov-16 13:07:29

Thanks ladies!! I'm just hoping that it will go back to normal afterwards!!it shouldn't bother me too much if I know it's normal...!
Il be happy to have no sleep and be poo'd and puked on, I just want my body back to myself!! smile

Scrowy Mon 14-Nov-16 13:09:57

Yes I have this, except it often has an icy feeling to it. Like someone dropped an ice cube on me and it is slowly seeping through to my skin.

I hate it. Always in the same place on my bump under my right boob. I had assumed it was a trapped nerve type thing?

ladyderbs Mon 14-Nov-16 13:13:45

Yeh I think mine is more to the right. I was getting braxton hicks loads and really high up and I was rubbing my belly when I noticed it! My bump is always cold, think it's because it's so far away from my actual body these days!! grin

gunting Mon 14-Nov-16 20:50:42

I had this, my son is 12 months old and I still have a numb tummy! I think it was just from extreme stretching. He was over 10lbs though grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now