Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Breastfeeding opinions

(21 Posts)
user1479124709 Mon 14-Nov-16 12:14:58

Hi, I am currently doing a project for my skills challenge task in sixth form. I have chosen to look into breastfeeding and the different opinions people have. I am hoping to become a midwife and this topic will hopefully give me an insight into the opinions of breastfeeding.

I have created a questionnaire (linked below) aimed at mums and mums to be. If you could please take a small amount of time to complete my questionnaire for my reasearch it would be very helpful.

www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/FM72CLQ

Thank you!

fourcorneredcircle Mon 14-Nov-16 12:21:51

Done, although difficult to answer about "breastfeeding previous children" as this is #1!

LolaStarr Mon 14-Nov-16 12:22:05

Done smile

newmumwithquestions Mon 14-Nov-16 12:24:03

Done.

EnglishBreakfastTea Mon 14-Nov-16 12:26:00

Done! smile

ByeByeLilSebastian Mon 14-Nov-16 12:27:41

Done smile

My only criticism is that you put was you instead of were you on one of your questions.

Thatwaslulu Mon 14-Nov-16 12:28:39

Done.

bonjovigirl Mon 14-Nov-16 12:33:17

Done. Good luck with your project.

If you were to do a follow-up it might be worth looking at whether mothers tried breastfeeding but were unsuccessful and what help was available if they wanted it. Many of my friends would be classified as "bottle feeders" if it was a binary yes/no question but in many cases they tried breastfeeding but chose to switch for various valid reasons (mum's need for antibiotics, reflux, quick return to work, etc)

mamatiger2016 Mon 14-Nov-16 12:47:53

Done.

As a side note, lots of the questions seem to be for those who have finished breastfeeding not those currently doing it.

I'd also ask why they chose to breastfeed, how easy they found it and whether someone tried it but couldn't get on with it and why. Also potentially look at some questions around expressing breast milk & bottle feeding as well.

To give you some extra background. I found it easy to pick up the breastfeeding but I feel that's because I had a c section and have been confined to home for a few weeks not able to do much. Whereas my sister who had a natural birth and was able to get out and about much quicker found that formula feeding was better for her.

I also don't breastfeed in public (personal choice) but I do make sure I have expressed and take a bottle with me.

Hope that helps and good luck!

badabing36 Mon 14-Nov-16 12:53:22

I did it.

You might want to ask about combined feeding. I didn't do it, but many people do.

Spottyladybird Mon 14-Nov-16 12:55:17

Done grin

WilliamHerschel Mon 14-Nov-16 13:08:03

I've done it.

Hope your project goes well.

ScandiManny Mon 14-Nov-16 13:36:46

Done.

Under the 'did you breastfeed previous children' question the options are yes/no/currently bfing/mixed fed (bottle & breast). Think you might be better changing bottle to formula as we gave bottles of expressed milk occasionally but I wouldn't say he was mix fed/combi fed as we never used formula. Actually might be worth adding a 'ebm' option, I have a few friends who exclusively expressed smile

windowsneedaclean Mon 14-Nov-16 13:53:38

Tried to complete it but unless I am being a bit dim, my situation doesn't fit! Want to say 'no' to 'did you breastfeed your previous child' but also want to tick 'I am currently breastfeeding' - won't let me do both

user1479124709 Mon 14-Nov-16 18:31:27

Thank you all for taking the time to do my survey and for all the feedback! It has been very helpful and I have tried to take all your comments on board and put them in the survey. smile

Racheyg Mon 14-Nov-16 18:41:15

Done
Good luck

Dixiechick17 Mon 14-Nov-16 19:39:25

Done smile

AyeAmarok Mon 14-Nov-16 19:46:29

Did it, but not sure how to answer some of the questions as I'm pregnant with my first.

I assume in hindsight you are only looking for the views of those who already have other children?

TopKittyKat Mon 14-Nov-16 20:10:45

Done but like other posters, I couldn't answer lots of questions because I'm pregnant with number 1.

I left those questions not relevant blank.

MagpieCursedTea Tue 15-Nov-16 16:55:28

Done. All the best with your studies!

hopsalong Tue 15-Nov-16 18:28:07

Done. Think you might want to modify the breastfeeding vs formula vs mixed split though. Lots of women, like me, exclusively breastfed for some period of weeks or months before adding either formula or solids. Not clear what to tick!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now