Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

maternity leave worries

(4 Posts)
thecatsarecrazy Sat 12-Nov-16 16:53:29

I had my last baby over 7 years ago. When I went on maternity leave with him I wasn't entitled to pay from my employer because I didn't work enough hours. I'm now in a job where my contract says 8 hours but I've been doing 20 for probably the last 4-6 months. I agreed with my manager that I would start maternity leave on the 28th of November but every time I ask about pay she says she doesn't know and is waiting to hear back. I think it should be based on what I work but I'm worried. I went on holiday over half term and they messed my wages up I'm still waiting for it, they paid me 1 hour and that was it. So I don't have much faith in them

Toblermoan Sat 12-Nov-16 17:59:15

It depends on what you earn in your qualifying period which is based on when your baby is due. This is an online calculator www.gov.uk/maternity-paternity-calculator
It should pretty much lead you through & give you a calculation of what you are entitled to.

thecatsarecrazy Sat 12-Nov-16 20:09:52

Thank you.

Toblermoan Sun 13-Nov-16 09:59:43

Hope you found it useful, maternity pay & leave is a large part of what I do for work & it never ceases to amaze me what some employers think they can get away with. just realised my reply was a bit blunt. 23+5 with dc2 & dc1 non sleeping so not with it really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now