Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Prune juice.....!

(6 Posts)
Suzysuz Fri 11-Nov-16 18:43:16

At 17 weeks my system seems to clog up more easily and constipation has been a joy smile so ventured onto the prune juice today....

Actually it's not bad when very cold and sipped, the bottle recommends trying 150ml to 'see how your body reacts' (!) before having any more, I sipped away at about 100ml and it's really helped already! here's hoping I don't get the trots tonight!

cockermum85 Sat 12-Nov-16 05:42:53

Wow! Well done you! I've really suffered with constipation ( 24 weeks now ) but am still sick daily albeit not as much as the first 20 weeks. Lactulose made me sick and the thought of prune juice was enough to make me heave. I've managed to get by with good fibre rich cereal for breakfast and then a couple of plums and a banana through the day. Not ideal but seemed to work for me!

sweetchilli77 Sat 12-Nov-16 09:14:00

im buying prune juice today..... Take lactulose daily, have weetabix and fresh orange plus fruit. Its dreadful. Hopefully i will feel lighter smile

jpeg28 Sat 12-Nov-16 09:15:55

I'm going to buy some!! I've started suffering at 17 weeks too... last night I woke up with really bad stomach pains! Thanks for the tip smile

Suzysuz Sat 12-Nov-16 09:41:38

All I would recommend is sipping it, have with ice so cold, don't focus on the colour or taste (!) and start at about 100mls to see how goes before drink more smile

Good luck ladies!! grin

PberryT Sat 12-Nov-16 09:46:25

I think I'm wierd because I actually like it! I'm on iron tablets and it helps to keep me regular.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now