Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Kidney Stone Aaargh!

(5 Posts)
HughLauriesStubble Fri 11-Nov-16 13:22:45

22 weeks and have just been diagnosed with a possible kidney stone. Doc has given me antibiotics to clear infection and told me to drink plenty and if pain gets excruciating to go to maternity.

I'm in agony! Currently collapsed on the sofa trying to entertain 2 toddlers while I wait for my mam to arrive to help. What can I do to ease the pain? besides curl up in a ball and die

Barefootcontessa84 Fri 11-Nov-16 22:42:01

I've heard drinking lots of water with fresh squeezed lemon juice really helps kidney stones. You can of course take paracetamol too - but although I don't have experience of them, I understand kidney stones are excruciating, so I really feel for you! Hope they clear soon flowers

sj257 Fri 11-Nov-16 23:39:27

You have my utmost sympathy. I've been admitted to hospital twice with kidney pain, they aren't sure whether it is a stone, or the baby pressing on my ureter and squeezing it shut therefore urine backing up into my kidney. The pain was worse than labour. All I will say is if it's really bad go to hospital. I was in for 3 days the first time. They gave me buscopan injections for the pain and antisickness as the pain made me sick. Don't suffer at home xxxx
I've also read that tea/coffee can make it worse so don't drink them x

HughLauriesStubble Sat 12-Nov-16 13:39:27

I have to say, the pain is bloody worse than labour! It feels like someone's stabbing me constantly with a hot knife confused I had kidney problems on and off through my other 2 pregnancies and it is agonising. I ended up being admitted to hospital last night and they say it's not a stone but an extremely resistant infection. It's spread elsewhere now so they've done loads of tests and I have a drip for a bazillion different things. Hopefully will start to feel better soon ugh sad

PenguinsandPebbles Sat 12-Nov-16 13:46:34

DP has had them, he looks so unwell when he has them.

Apple cider vinegar is supposed to help, this link may help

www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/remedies-for-kidney-stones/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now