Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Spd and early maternity

(2 Posts)
froglou Fri 11-Nov-16 09:34:00

I'm 22 weeks and have just been old I have spd. Some days I can't stand up properly and I loose sleep from the pain to. When at work I can sit for at least half of my shift but I still get a lot of pain and getting to and from work is also painful. My doctors referred me for physio but will take 4-8 weeks even though I watched him mark it urgent!!! He's suggested I look at taking my maternity soon but I'm only 5 and a half months! I feel like this is too soon but I do also need it, and I'm under the impression I can't take time off without automatically starting my maternity?
Opinions or advice would be appreciated as I'm at a bit of a loose end!

McBaby Fri 11-Nov-16 09:55:41

I was signed off work with spd in my first pregnancy from 26 weeks. I couldnt sit, stand walk without pain. It can be treated as sick leave till 36 weeks when if your off sick your work can start maternity leave.

Have a look at the pelvic partnership lost of info on how to ease the pain etc. I found the Physio didn't really help but I found a cranial osteopath more helpful in my second pregnancy. I saw her monthly and she kept me comfortable and mobile enough to look after my toddler!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now