Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can I just say.....

(18 Posts)
sj257 Wed 09-Nov-16 22:13:28

Heartburn can get knotted!!!!!! 😭😭

ShimmeringIce Wed 09-Nov-16 22:18:09

flowers it's shit, isn't it? Even when it's not agony, that horrible taste in your mouth sad

sj257 Wed 09-Nov-16 22:30:59

It's terrible, not sure I can hack another 10 weeks of it! 😱

Mine's making me throw up daily. Avoided morning sickness at the start but for the last 10 wks, sick 5+ nights a week. Ready for the end now!!!

bronteales Thu 10-Nov-16 00:16:31

I hear you!!

It's god awful. In the last few weeks I got heartburn from sipping water it was an absolute killer and really got me down.

I never took anything for it either except milk ( which did nothing!) can pregnant ladies take gaviscon etc?

manhowdy Thu 10-Nov-16 06:41:04

Yes to Gaviscon!

Mine has improved though I am sure it will be back with a vengence soon. Was at its worst between 25 and 29 weeks.

Horrible. That and restless legs which I haven't had yet, but I've no doubt are in the post....

thecatsarecrazy Thu 10-Nov-16 06:55:30

Awful isn't it. I had a cold the other week and sore throat. All I could have was honey and lemon but it gave me dreadful heartburn

divadee Thu 10-Nov-16 07:17:05

I never knew drinking water could give you heartburn....... Until last week angry 28+3 and just want it to end. Drinking gaviscon like no tomorrow and still got all the acid. Gahhh

MissClimpsonsTypingBureau Thu 10-Nov-16 08:19:13

Heartburn is utterly shit. Gaviscon makes me sick. I'm so fed up of Rennies. And neither of them seem to do anything about it for longer than 5 minutes. Does it get better? 23+6 and I can't face the thought of another four months of this.

Kintan Thu 10-Nov-16 08:33:49

I find the boots own brand tablets work better than Rennies. It's crazy how heartburn can be brought on by just drinking water sad

drinkyourmilk Thu 10-Nov-16 08:38:12

Ladies get some omeprazole prescribed. It's worked wonders for me.

welshweasel Thu 10-Nov-16 08:39:03

Get some omeprazlole. Got rid of mine completely.

Cel982 Thu 10-Nov-16 08:39:28

Ranitidine works really well, and is safe in pregnancy. Honestly, there's no need to suffer with this.

mirrorballs Thu 10-Nov-16 08:39:51

Ranitidine is your friend, you can purchase over the counter and loads more effective than gaviscon

SockQueen Thu 10-Nov-16 08:59:38

Gaviscon is fine, Rennies won't help in the long run as they just neutralise the acid which makes your stomach produce more.

Both ranitidine and omeprazole are safe in pregnancy and work - don't suffer unnecessarily, see your GP! Ranitidine is available OTC but obviously on prescription it's free.

Princesspinkgirl Thu 10-Nov-16 21:55:22

That and being uncomfortable at night to can't turn over without it being a dam struggle it's like going to the gym haha I will be glad when I'm no longer pregnant

sophree Sun 13-Nov-16 08:51:53

I lived off mints and chewing gum and diet cola during my pregnancy so I was constantly burping grin and still the heartburn would make it through angry

GinIsIn Sun 13-Nov-16 08:55:00

Eurrrghhhh. Here too. I've found avoiding tomatoes really helps, weirdly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now