Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Heartburn and indigestion

(5 Posts)
Gardencentregroupie Wed 09-Nov-16 18:25:09

sad

23 weeks, already on a 1 a day over the counter ranitidine as gaviscon and rennies make me puke, I'm eating and drinking sensibly (mostly) - it's only going to get worse and it's awful already!! sad

UnicornPee Wed 09-Nov-16 18:53:17

I'm in your boat at 21 weeks.
What's this ranitidine you speak of?
I don't bother with gaviscon either it's horrid. I've just been drinking milk but it's not the best cure

MrsChrisPratt Wed 09-Nov-16 18:55:28

I've found pregnancy yoga really useful. Turned up last night and told the instructor I had heartburn -she showed us lots of stretches to create more space in the abdomen (?) - I was genuinely sceptical but my hb disappeared immediately confused

LuckyinOctober Wed 09-Nov-16 19:47:56

I get acid reflux anyway which is worse now I'm 28 weeks - I was already taking omeprazole before pregnancy and have been told it's safe to continue, it does work as long as I remember to take it every day (I tend to remember I need it when the heart burn strikes on my morning commute and I don't have it with me). I'd recommend getting a prescription for omeprazole from your GP to anyone else who needs something stronger than over the counter remedies.

raviolidreaming Wed 09-Nov-16 21:02:06

You can get Ranitidine over the counter?! Well, that will save me a GP appointment! Nice one smile Rennies aren't touching it and Gaviscon tastes so disgusting I can't stomach it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now