Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Mucus Plug - how long until labour

(8 Posts)
Blueberry87 Wed 09-Nov-16 14:11:41

I am currently 35 weeks +5 and this morning I think i may have lost my mucus plug, I went to the bathroom and when I saw what looked like a lump of clear yellows snot - could this be my mucus plug?

Yesterday evening I had a couple of hours where i was in quite a lot of pain in the sides of my bump which would come and go but this has now stopped. I have also suffered really badly from SPD so not sure if this is a side effect of this?

This is my first pregnancy and although I am not too worried i don't know what these things mean, Is it possible that i could go into labour soon? How early is it possible to lose my mucus plug?

Thanks

NerrSnerr Wed 09-Nov-16 14:16:01

My mucus plug came away at 37 weeks, 7days before I went to labour. I called the maternity unit as she was breach but they weren't bothered

wheresthewine36 Wed 09-Nov-16 14:18:05

It can vary greatly from one pregnancy to another. With my first pregnancy, I lost the mucus plug about 3 days before my actual labour. Next pregnancy I lost it the day before labour started, subsequent pregnancies the plug came away whilst I was in early labour.
At 35/6 weeks, I would give the midwife a call, she may advise you to go in and see if you're starting to dilate. Best of luck, hope all goes smoothly.x

doghairinmytea Wed 09-Nov-16 14:22:03

For me, my plug came away over a period of about 3 days about a week before labour. I was 40+14. I'd ring the maternity assessment unit JIC. Good luck!

Andbabymakesthree Wed 09-Nov-16 16:23:36

I rang midwife this weekend about this. 32 weeks same experience! Apparently it's fine as long as no blood or tightening start. I get amazingly painful braxton Hicks so have kept my eye on things.

He's my third! I was flapping. Midwife said it's not a sign of labour as not a show!

PotteringAlong Wed 09-Nov-16 16:26:33

It regenerates! Could be ages yet!

NotSureYet Wed 09-Nov-16 16:29:15

I'm 37 + 3 today and my mucus plug came away when I was 36 weeks exactly. Still no sign of baby yet. Unfortunately, I don't think the mucus plug coming away is a sign of definitely and impending labour.

Nikki2ol6 Wed 09-Nov-16 17:04:52

Iv had 4 children and with my first I lost my plug in early labour! With my second I lost bits of it over th course of a week until labour began. My 3rd and 4th were inidctiona at 38 weeks but I would always loose mucus after sex in the last few weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now