Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Arnika tablets before and after labour

(9 Posts)
Saku Wed 09-Nov-16 01:49:52

Hi everyone,
I am 33 w with 2nd one... I had major tear with my first one.. got lots of painful stitches down there.. therefore many people(online) recommended me Arnika homeopathy tablets 30c this time according to them it speed up the recovery, reduces any bruises and pain (even used for C-section recovery with other allopathic medicines).
I have used other homeopathy medicines (without pregnancy) and they never ever have had any side-effects (as they are actually herb extract).
But being pregnant I am little hesitant to take them.. I will ask to my midwife before taking them.. but first I myself want to be confident enough.

Wanted to know if any one else tried it for same reason?? and Is it gave the expected benefits??

BeardMinge Wed 09-Nov-16 06:00:35

I took arnica for a week prior to my elcs. No idea if it helped, but certainly didn't do me any harm.

Saku Wed 09-Nov-16 14:55:25

Thanks BeardMinge for reply..

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Wed 09-Nov-16 14:57:56

Homeopathy tablets will not have side effects unless you are allergic to sugar. They are also not made from herbal extracts. They will be perfectly safe to take during pregnancy due to the fact that they have no active ingredients, and are entirely filler.

ConvincingLiar Wed 09-Nov-16 15:21:47

Homeopathy will do shit all. HTH.

ShowMeTheElf Wed 09-Nov-16 15:28:25

Arnika at homeopathic strengths will do you no harm, as pp said above, it doesn't actually have any active ingredient in, only the water's memory of having once has some in. <and other airy fairy stuff>
Arnika at herbal strength should be avoided during pregnancy...though it's so expensive the chances of you getting a decent herbal (efficacious) dose are slim to nil.

Saku Wed 09-Nov-16 15:51:53

Thanks for replies.. that means it is safe in pregnancy...
I saw so many reviews on Arnika tabs on Amazon telling that it worked like magic on bruises and wounds ..

Does anyone got benefit out of them... anyone ??? Please share

ShowMeTheElf Wed 09-Nov-16 15:59:24

OP: have a look at 3rd paragraph of the section on potency scales. 30C does not contain any of the active material.

ShowMeTheElf Wed 09-Nov-16 16:00:06

{{https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeopathic_dilutions]]
It helps if I attach the information. sorry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now