Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ketone In Urine?

(9 Posts)
NewMum26 Tue 08-Nov-16 20:29:35

I did a test at home with a Multistix GP stick as I thought I may have a UTI, however that looks clear but the Ketone is really purple which I'm guessing means high Ketone in the urine as I think it's meant to be a pale peachy colour. What does this indicate? I've consulted Dr Google and it's coming up with Gestational Diabetes shock Dr Google scares me confused I've not had any urine tested by my MidWife's yet so I'm just going off what I have done at home hmm Any info on this?

TrinityForce Tue 08-Nov-16 20:32:27

are you eating lower carb than usual?

that would explain it

Parney Tue 08-Nov-16 20:39:35

Ketone was present in my urine for one of my doctor visits. It signified severe dehydration! I had been ill the entire day, (no food or drink) thankfully a one off for me but they had spoken about putting me on a drip unless I could up my liquids ASAP.
It could be low carbs either, body in fat burning mode!

Parney Tue 08-Nov-16 20:40:38

TMI but is your urine very dark? Another indication of dehydration.

NewMum26 Tue 08-Nov-16 20:48:50

Hmmm well I have been eating less as I haven't fancied as much lately. Not a massive carb eater anyway but I have bread for lunch in a sandwich. And yes my urine is quite dark

drinkyourmilk Tue 08-Nov-16 21:48:42

I'd recommend drinking far more. Best to call your midwife though.

Frogqueen13 Tue 08-Nov-16 21:52:35

Are the strips in date?
Are you vomiting?
Have the strips been left out in light?
Generally its a sign of dehydration but it's not very accurate because it's a delayed response

sj257 Tue 08-Nov-16 22:39:50

Not sure why you did it yourself when you aren't qualified to interpret results. Go to the doctor tomorrow with a urine sample.

Nikki2ol6 Wed 09-Nov-16 10:04:55

Did you do this test in the morning? My pee is always full of ketones in the morning because I haven't ate all night and it's usually still full at lunch time even though I have ate because the food takes a while to take effect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now