Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Breech with one leg up and one down

(4 Posts)
Youngoldmum Mon 07-Nov-16 17:15:09

Hi, 35+3 with baby 2. Was in day unit yesterday as having my blood pressure monitored every 3 days. While there they decided to use the mobile scanner to check if baby actually is breech (don't think they believed me even though head is clearly right up my ribs). Anyway they said baby is def breech but one leg is up and one is down - anyone else had this? confused

Scotmum83 Wed 09-Nov-16 10:09:24

Yes my first baby was footling breech. She didn't move so I had no choice but to have a section. One foot was tucked up and on hanging down. It was absolutely fine. The babies hips are checked at 6 weeks but they do that with all breech babies I think. They won't offer to turn the baby in this position.

Youngoldmum Wed 09-Nov-16 10:25:33

Thanks for replying. Appointment tomorrow and hopefully another scan to check position. Movements feel a bit different so I'm wondering if baby might have moved...good to know all was well xx

Jodie1982 Wed 09-Nov-16 11:45:06

Baby can still shift out of breech. My last baby flipped out of breech at 36wks just before my last presentation scan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now